Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PunchyPineapple

Spitalfields/Petticoat lane info please?

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm new to the site so, like all other newbies, I'd like to apologise in advance if I'm re-visiting old ground, although I did sweepsearch for similar to what I'm about to ask....

Work takes me away from home and, at the end of the week, I travel back via London Liverpool Street. I usually have a couple of hours to spare before my connection(s) and usually wander around aimlessly trying to get a feel for the area......

I can't exactly say where I was but I seem to remember being at the entrance/exit to Spitalfields market then walking down a main road past some of the dodgiest looking pubs I've ever seen (I'm usually a fan of such places but even I hesitated going in these ones) - about 3 or 4 of them on the opposite side of the road to the market. Most had some interesting women outside, or drunken blokes slumped on a pub bench.... eventually, coming to I believe was the 4tf pub, on a corner, right opposite Petticoat Lane entrance, there were 2 women, again sitting outside what I could only describe as an interesting pub!....

One of them asked me if I wanted anywhere to stay that evening, then proceded to ask me if I'd like some fun with her and her mate at her flat just over "there" (as she pointed to some equally dodgy looking gaff)..... as tempted as I was (she was sorta nicely dressed - boots always do it for me!) I said no thanks, but then she followed me down the road and wouldn't leave me alone. I decided to turn around and go back to civilisation!....

Can I ask where exactly I was, is it a well known WG area, are the pubs any good/safe, and should I have taken this women up on her offer!??

Help in advance appreciated.

I can be a bit more precise now as I went wandering in that area again - it was Commercial Street, starting at The White Hart pub. I did venture into The Commercial Tavern (I think that's what it was called) which was weird enough as it was. After that it seemed to be surreal-land

There are quite a number of places within a 5 minute walk of Liverpool st and usually can be found using postcards in the phone boxes around the local area.

Commercial street, is / was notorious as a place to pick up street girls, especially late at night, this is close to the bottom of the range in wg services and best avoided, IMO :D

Thanks WorldPunter, that's sort of the impression I got, so will be avoiding it in the future - unless I've had a few too many and feeling rather foolish!!

Commercial street, is / was notorious as a place to pick up street girls, especially late at night, this is close to the bottom of the range in wg services and best avoided, IMO :

(

Indeed, that area dates back to the Jack The Ripper case in 1888. ;)

Tons of street girls on Commerical St. I avoid the street scene anyway, but seeing the girls that work there reminded me why.

isn't streetgirls off limits? Has it changed or are the mods just havin a wee sleep to recover from world cup weekend frenzy? :D

Indeed, that area dates back to the Jack The Ripper case in 1888. :(

Looking at some of them down there they were working in 1888 :D

Why bother when you can get a clean good quality indi in a safe enviroment...

isn't streetgirls off limits? Has it changed or are the mods just havin a wee sleep to recover from world cup weekend frenzy? :D

It seems to be a bit of a grey area ----------- I can't see anything on this thread that breaches any rules, street prostitution is illegal --- however brothels are also illegal. :(;)

Indeed it is, anything that promotes or adertises it will be removed.

Beware - there are police swoops on punters soliciting in that area, and sometimes female pcs are used as bait.