Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarcoPolo

Working girls are safest

9 posts in this topic

Further confirmation today that we are notably less likely to catch STIs from WGs than from civilians or flabby old swingers. But then we all knew this anyway. Didn't we?

"Overall, combined rates of chlamydia and gonorrhoea infection were just over 10% among straight people, 14% among gay men, 10.4% among swingers, and just under 5% among female prostitutes."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gO7pDU2wQKIdT8RxFIyzIgdejHlA

The NHS / Doctors don't agree with you in relation to giving blood, as Prostitutes are banned from giving blood for life, even if they have left the industry.

It wouldn't be all that surprising to find that infection rates were lower among WGs in the main, but I wonder how robust these figures are. Many WGs attend GUM clinics regularly (or say they do) whether they have any specific reason to believe they are infected or not, which isn't going to be the case with the general population. Wouldn't this have the effect of artificially depressing the proportion of WGs with infections?

The NHS / Doctors don't agree with you in relation to giving blood, as Prostitutes are banned from giving blood for life, even if they have left the industry.

I know and how hypocritical is that when anybody else who sleeps with alsorts without a condom in their personal life can still give blood ;)

As so often WG's in general are lumped in with street prostitution where drug using is extremely high and it is this that is the perceived risk by the blood transfusion service.

I know and how hypocritical is that when anybody else who sleeps with alsorts without a condom in their personal life can still give blood :cool:

Precisely. It's the same with homosexual men though. I have a fair few gay friends and they're lumped in the same category as us :D

If anything the NHS should want our blood more, seeing as we get regular blood checks. Bladdy 'ell.

"Overall, combined rates of chlamydia and gonorrhoea infection were just over 10% among straight people, 14% among gay men, 10.4% among swingers, and just under 5% among female prostitutes."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gO7pDU2wQKIdT8RxFIyzIgdejHlA

Figures from those who were checked out at the clinic. Most people don't ever go, so I think there making dramatic assumptions from a skewed sample.

Precisely. It's the same with homosexual men though. I have a fair few gay friends and they're lumped in the same category as us :cool:

If anything the NHS should want our blood more, seeing as we get regular blood checks. Bladdy 'ell.

I totally agree :D

Further confirmation today that we are notably less likely to catch STIs from WGs than from civilians or flabby old swingers. But then we all knew this anyway. Didn't we?

I find 5% worryingly high. But "female prostitutes" is not a helpful descriptor for analysis. If the report broke the results down to, say, street girls, parlours and indies then that might be more meaningful, though I've no idea how much the boundaries blur, and I would guess (from some profiles on **) that they are often very blurred. So maybe not that meaningful. That's the problem with trying to measure something that wants to stay hidden, you'll never get a reliable result.