Topaz

Nerves

54 posts in this topic

Never punted before and just made my first booking. However, as soon as i put the phone down I started freaking out like what have i just done lol? Still want to do it but a bit nervous. Anyone had the same problem? What did you do?

Never punted before and just made my first booking. However, as soon as i put the phone down I started freaking out like what have i just done lol? Still want to do it but a bit nervous. Anyone had the same problem? What did you do?

If you decide not to go through with it, try and do the decent thing and be honest. She will be a lot more forgiving and maybe see you another time if you just explain that you bottled it or are nervous. If you say nothing you might find yourself black listed and girls do talk.

Just go ahead. What else can you do?

Funnily enough I found the call harder than the punt itself, though that was scary enough!

Arrive on time but not too early - waiting around can play havoc with your nerves. Try not to dwell on what you're going to do - keep yourself busy until you get there. Have a shower and gargle with a good mouthwash - whether you need it or not it'll help your confidence. And never forget you're doing this for fun! It's not like an exam, or a visit to the dentist!

We've all been there! Enjoy!:D

Its natural to be nervous at first and some punters are each time, my advice is just to relax and remember its about having fun. I wish you well.:D

relax topas

there is nothing worse on punting. go there, have a (small) talk and find out

what this hobby is about. i am sure u will enjoy.

most ladies are well experienced and know how to handle newbies.

be gentle and enjoy the ride.

Don't go then, you're under no obligation, and even if at the last minute you decide you don't want to go through with it then just drive past.

I know what you mean about nerves. Usually when i've booked it has been for the same day and I just get an excited anticipation feeling before the meeting, but yesterday I made a booking for tomorrow and am finding the feeling a bit unsettling especially as it's with someone new.

Topaz, relax ,enjoy, the only time to get nerveous is when she gets out the whip and handcuffs ,...... and the door is locked [ joking ]:D

Let the lady know how you feel, it's not uncommon and if she is half decent, will make allowances for the nerves.

Go and have fun :D

I'm sure it'll be fine. A few butterflies actually help build the anticipation. If it helps at all, I actually bottled my first phone call and hung up before it was answered. It took me 3 days to get the nerve up to try again :o. Boy am I glad I did !!!

As the rest have said, enjoy ;).

Nerves are good and its that feeling on anticipation that is also one of the enjoyable things about this hobby. I often feel a little nervous after making a booking and immediately before. There's something satisfying about the feeling. But as soon as you step through the door and are met by a beautiful smiling girl then your nerves will disappear and another emotion will take over ;)

Cheers

AL

I was more nervous of looking the wife in the face after my first punt but the punt itself went like a dream and I don't think she has suspected.

Happens to everyone but the nerves do pass with experience. ;) But only punt if you really want to. If you dont then cancel ASAP, if you do then do it.

All your doing is meeting someone. Thats it!

Ive done public speaking and stuff and some very nerve wrecking stuff (a lot more wrecking than punting) but I just stuck myself on "autopilot" so although my mind was shouting "run away" I was still walking to her place and ringing the bell.

The nerves only last up until the first 5 seconds of when you see her. (Waiting in a room waiting for her to come in is very nerve wrecking even for experienced punters. Hearing those stilettoes on wooden floors in parlours still bring butterflies in my stomach).

If you want to panic and run away store it up till after the punt and then let go, I usually promise myself a nice juicy sirloin steak with all the trimmings as a reward.

Oh sweetie, nerves are quite normal and most Wg's will be fully understanding and will know how to settle your nerves very quickly.

If you really do feel you cannot go through with it this time, give the girl in question as much notice as you can, that way you wont have burnt any bridges and can always contact her again.

Wait till you feel you are ready then you will enjoy it all the more.

Just grit your teeth and get on with it. It'll all be over soon.

Your a long time looking at the lid.

Call the lady and explain how you feel maybe take a bottle of wine and have a glass or a cup of tea and a chat before you go into the bedroom just break the ice enjoy your first of many good luck Annaxxx

Do it, don't cancel.

If you bail out you will only regret it later.

I must have punted over a hundred times and I still get the jitters till I'm in front of the lady.

When it's all over, you'll have trouble wiping the smile off your face and be planning the next one.

Good luck

Call the lady and explain how you feel maybe take a bottle of wine and have a glass or a cup of tea and a chat before you go into the bedroom just break the ice enjoy your first of many good luck Annaxxx

Actually yes bring something like chocolates or biscuits or crisps or pringles. They do help with awkward silences......<silence> "fancy a pringle?"

Even my regular who Ive seen almost weekly for over year we still get the odd awkward silences when its good just to grab for the chocs and break it.....

Actually, I never thought to ask in my earlier post. What is it you are actually nervous of Topaz ?

Many of the posters here, especially the women, seem to have assumed that it is the thought of sex with a (presumably) beautiful woman, perhaps much younger than you, that is making you nervous. If that's the case, then there are some good suggestions above about easing into the punt.

My nerves came from a different source however. In no way was I worried about the punt itself. I was pretty certain that once I was introduced to the 25 year old blonde hottie who was my first punt that nature would take over and no performance issues would result. I was right :o.

What made me nervous was that at the age of mid/late forties, I was "crossing the rubicon". I knew that this was a huge step into an unknown world and suspected it would have a profound impact on my life (and didn't know whether it would be for good or for bad). The fact that I was about to do something that for the vast majority of my life I had never even considered was both pretty scary and exciting to me.

As it turned out, it was indeed a big step into a whole new world. Not one I regret in the slightest (although my bank manager doesn't always agree ;)). Also, although I still get a huge thrill of anticipation at booking a punt, the "should I, shouldn't I?" nerves are well gone and I am a different person inside to the one I was a couple of years ago.

YMMV - and best of luck.

My first time, I felt as if I was going for a job interview. That phase soon passes, and is replaced by the mild anxiety that the punt goes well. Incidentally I came across the phrase "pre shag nerves" in a novel by Helen Fielding . I actually witnessed a guy having a panic attack in an Edinburgh sauna, once through the door he found he couldnt go through with it, the girls were very understanding about it. Good luck, its a rite of passage.

My first time, I felt as if I was going for a job interview. That phase soon passes, and is replaced by the mild anxiety that the punt goes well. Incidentally I came across the phrase "pre shag nerves" in a novel by Helen Fielding . I actually witnessed a guy having a panic attack in an Edinburgh sauna, once through the door he found he couldnt go through with it, the girls were very understanding about it. Good luck, its a rite of passage.

Yes, not confined to punting. I can still remember an occasion, alone with a girl I'd long wanted to shag and it suddenly becoming clear I actually was going to shag: my teeth actually started chattering uncontrollably. I was 26 at the time.

In one of the great love poems of all time (Canto V of Dante's Inferno) when Paolo at last gets to kiss Francesca, 'la bocca mi bacio' tutto tremante' (he kissed my lips trembling all over). I'd feel sorry for anyone who couldn't understand that and rather regret that I no longer experience anything resembling it.

Actually yes bring something like chocolates or biscuits or crisps or pringles. They do help with awkward silences......<silence> "fancy a pringle?"

Good advice. However, be mindful of which biscuits you take along. During an awkward silence at the start of a punt, I asked a girl if she fancied a Chocolate Finger. She looked a little shocked and said, "Let's just start with some kissing, shall we?"

Still want to do it but a bit nervous.

Learn to appreciate the nerves, the build-up, the excitement, because before you know it you'll be like any other addict: trousers round your ankles feeding a habit.

Yes, as Northwinds queries below --- to advise properly we would need to know what exactly is making you nervous.

Don't go then, you're under no obligation, and even if at the last minute you decide you don't want to go through with it then just drive past.

Sorry, dont agree.Do not pull out at the last min.Give the girl time to arrange another booking for herself.Fairs fair.

Happens to everyone but the nerves do pass with experience. ;) But only punt if you really want to. If you dont then cancel ASAP, if you do then do it.

All your doing is meeting someone. Thats it!

Ive done public speaking and stuff and some very nerve wrecking stuff (a lot more wrecking than punting) but I just stuck myself on "autopilot" so although my mind was shouting "run away" I was still walking to her place and ringing the bell.

The nerves only last up until the first 5 seconds of when you see her. (Waiting in a room waiting for her to come in is very nerve wrecking even for experienced punters. Hearing those stilettoes on wooden floors in parlours still bring butterflies in my stomach).

Top class advice -- although I do think it is quite a bit more than just ' meeting ' someone!:). Go on autopilot and just do it. Nothing nasty or bad will occur -- you will be able to handle it.

Actually, I never thought to ask in my earlier post. What is it you are actually nervous of Topaz ?

Many of the posters here, especially the women, seem to have assumed that it is the thought of sex with a (presumably) beautiful woman, perhaps much younger than you, that is making you nervous. If that's the case, then there are some good suggestions above about easing into the punt.

My nerves came from a different source however. In no way was I worried about the punt itself. I was pretty certain that once I was introduced to the 25 year old blonde hottie who was my first punt that nature would take over and no performance issues would result. I was right :D.

What made me nervous was that at the age of mid/late forties, I was "crossing the rubicon". I knew that this was a huge step into an unknown world and suspected it would have a profound impact on my life (and didn't know whether it would be for good or for bad). The fact that I was about to do something that for the vast majority of my life I had never even considered was both pretty scary and exciting to me.

As it turned out, it was indeed a big step into a whole new world. Not one I regret in the slightest (although my bank manager doesn't always agree :o). Also, although I still get a huge thrill of anticipation at booking a punt, the "should I, shouldn't I?" nerves are well gone and I am a different person inside to the one I was a couple of years ago.

YMMV - and best of luck.

Another excellent post. You need to identify your fear.I think much of the fear comes from the unknown of what is expected of you, the punter. I think it is helpful if you just remember that you are likely to be just a number to the WG. She has no expectations of you and your performance -- she really doesnt give 2 hoots.She just wants to feel relaxed and comfortable with you and if you are perfectly clean, friendly, respectful and pay the requisite cash at the start, then she is ready to provide her services to you and reciprocate your friendiness.

Unlike many others who have offered advice -- I would not discuss your nerves with the lady. I think women find nervous men disconcerting, it throws them and they feel awkward and this can lead to an atmosphere. You must put mind over matter and outwardly control those nerves --- go into autopilot .

Picking the right girl is important -- if it is your first lady then cancel now unless you have done some research and are happy that you are punting a lovely lady and there are many of them.

good luck and let us know how you got on !

Well, did you go?

I was certainly apprehensive when I did my first punt. Hope you went and enjoyed yourself.