Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Creamer

Raids Today

9 posts in this topic

I've just heard that there have been raids on premises in Shepherds Market today. Does anyone have anymore info about this?

I've just heard that there have been raids on premises in Shepherds Market today. Does anyone have anymore info about this?

Where did you hear about this?

I would imagine Shepherds Market would be a prime target for any poice operations, its an upmarket area and there are only a handful of walk-ups, logistically it should be easy for them to shut the whole thing down. I was out an about in Soho today, on civilian duties, and everything seemed as normal as Soho ever is, no police presence at all to speak of.

Worrying if true.... in so far as you wouldn't want to be in a parlour during a raid.

Although, of course, if there generally are people being force to work against their will then clearly raids are a good thing ... although, as we all know, I think we've all met lots of women and the evidence of anyone being forced isn't there...

I would imagine Shepherds Market would be a prime target for any poice operations, its an upmarket area and there are only a handful of walk-ups, logistically it should be easy for them to shut the whole thing down. I was out an about in Soho today, on civilian duties, and everything seemed as normal as Soho ever is, no police presence at all to speak of.

The OP's post is dated 17 March. As well as ocurring prior to the commencement of the new laws there's been nothing in the press regarding Soho arrests ( cf. the Newham raid on 1 April where there was a very speedy Press Release referring to the one Caution).

Er--- first post mentioning 'raids today' dates from 19 march 2009

Second post, by Black Puss from 4 April 2010 says 'heard nothing'...... a year later

Thread continues from there with speculation.... We should be very careful of self-fuelling paranoia.

Question to you, Black Puss- why did you excavate this old thread?'

Er--- first post mentioning 'raids today' dates from 19 march 2009

2009 !!!

Oh yeh.....I never spotted that :eek:.

Thread closed, out of date.