Gordonh

Regaining the initiative

33 posts in this topic

At the risk of being drummed out of the Brownies, can I suggest it might be time for Pnet to incorporate some of the features the lack of which cause some of us to look at Awork sometimes? iPhone has gone from version 3 to version 4 in what seems like only a couple of years. Where is Pnet 2?

At the risk of being drummed out of the Brownies, can I suggest it might be time for Pnet to incorporate some of the features the lack of which cause some of us to look at Awork sometimes? iPhone has gone from version 3 to version 4 in what seems like only a couple of years. Where is Pnet 2?

Which features do you mean?

Which features do you mean?

Maybe one or two out of the few million AWank has introduced . . .:P

Maybe one or two out of the few million AWank has introduced . . .:P

Yes, but which ones specifically?

Should we send face pics to G and then gain the permissions to see who and what a guy has looked at and then spam him to death with unsolicited texts and emails, for instance?

Yes, but which ones specifically?

Should we send face pics to G and then gain the permissions to see who and what a guy has looked at and then spam him to death with unsolicited texts and emails, for instance?

Hi Amanda

Sorry for the terseness of the previous reply. I've gone on about suggested improvements at some length I think, and don't like to cast myself as a whiner! It's Galahad's site, he can do what he likes.

Here's a few things off the top of my head, but I am the first to admit I am not familiar with the capabilities of the software he has or wishes to invest in. Also, afaiaa, he is not a techie. The AWanks are techieheads with a big T (or should that be a big head? :P)

A few nice things off the top of my head:

• RSS feeds for any FR search (or new service providers) as defined by the the user.
  • A better search engine. (This, together with the sheer number of reports, is A--W's master card.)
  • Prompts to ensure fuller FRs.
  • Faster cross-referencing. Given the minute number of FRs (compared to AWank) the amount of effort to do something as simple as see if the WG has other FRs is disproportionate.
  • Greater clarity on rules for FRs and no-post service providers.
  • Smoother operation - the coding on the FR facility is pretty antiquated and looks it. Even the entry pages look as if they have been cobbled together.

On the forum:

(no comparison here as AWank doesn't have a forum)

• A collection of fixed threads in addition to more temporary ones that come and go. Not sure how you achieve this or whether it's possible. But it would ease access to info for occasional users and reduce duplication of threads.
  • Biscuits for the mods (just joking)

There must be improvements possible on the service provider database. Ease of access might encourage people to consult it more for a start. Things like automated alerts that could benefit both punters and WGs are also completely unexplored.

The points you quote by the way are not much more than anti-AWank rhetoric if we're honest. On a site that has so many frickin options (you'd need a whole afternoon just to explore them all), it's easy to point out the worst or most controversial ones and to do so in the worst light. I'm sure you know that the two things you mention can be easily avoided on AWank.

I am just trying to answer the question btw, not do a pros and cons. ;)

Hi Amanda

Sorry for the terseness of the previous reply. I've gone on about suggested improvements at some length I think, and don't like to cast myself as a whiner! It's Galahad's site, he can do what he likes.

Here's a few things off the top of my head, but I am the first to admit I am not familiar with the capabilities of the software he has or wishes to invest in. Also, afaiaa, he is not a techie. The AWanks are techieheads with a big T (or should that be a big head? :P)

• RSS feeds for any FR search (or new service providers) as defined by the the user.
  • A better search engine. (This, together with the sheer number of reports, is A--W's master card.)
  • Faster cross-referencing. Given the minute number of FRs (compared to AWank) the amount of effort to do something as simple as see if the WG has other FRs is disproportionate.
  • Smoother operation - the coding on the FR facility is pretty antiquated and looks it. Even the entry pages look as if they have been cobbled together.

On the forum:

• A collection of fixed threads in addition to more temporary ones that come and go. Not sure how you achieve this or whether it's possible. But it would ease access to info for occasional users and reduce duplication of threads.

There must be improvements possible on the service provider database. Ease of access might encourage people to consult it more for a start. Things like automated alerts that could benefit both punters and WGs are also completely unexplored.

The points you quote by the way are not much more than anti-AWank rhetoric if we're honest. On a site that has so many frickin options (you'd need a whole afternoon just to explore them all), it's easy to point out the worst or most controversial ones and to do so in the worst light. I'm sure you know that the two things you mention can be easily avoided on AWank.

I am just trying to answer the question btw, not do a pros and cons. ;)

I was just pointing out that you needed to be more specific.

If you want Galahad to consider adding more functions (or whatever), to the board, then you need to let him know what you're after, because I'm pretty sure that G will NEVER spend an afternoon wandering around Adultwank.

Hi Amanda

On the forum:

I am just trying to answer the question btw, not do a pros and cons. :D

I have highlighted your post to Galahad, as obviously he doesn't have time to read them all.

By the way, biscuits are provided for the mods. ;)

I was just pointing out that you needed to be more specific.

If you want Galahad to consider adding more functions (or whatever), to the board, then you need to let him know what you're after, because I'm pretty sure that G will NEVER spend an afternoon wandering around Adultwank.

I'm sorry - I thought you were asking a question. :P

I don't have much interest in 'pointing things out to Galahad.' Am not that bothered.

Erm, Galahad wrote the original Punternet code

I'm sorry - I thought you were asking a question. :D

I don't have much interest in 'pointing things out to Galahad.' Am not that bothered.

I was asking the OP which changes he had in mind... AKA Pointing out that suggestions need to be more specific.

If you don't have much interest in pointing things out to Galahad, then don't do it.

P.S. Will you please stop rolling your bloody eyes at me.

I was asking the OP which changes he had in mind... AKA Pointing out that suggestions need to be more specific.

If you don't have much interest in pointing things out to Galahad, then don't do it.

P.S. Will you please stop rolling your bloody eyes at me.

well ok my apologies. When I said "Maybe one or two out of the few million AWank has introduced . . .," you quoted my post and replied, "Yes, but which ones specifically?" which I (wrongly it seems) took to mean you were addressing me, and out of politeness answered at some length. Sorry for butting in. Any smiley was intended good-naturedly - I did not think that anyone who has seen my posts over a period could take them as otherwise, but I agree it could be interpreted such. Again, no probs and best wishes. I don't usually enter conversations where I am not wanted but will back out and wish you all the best in your deliberations as to what to bring to Galahad's attentions.

Regards

HS

iPhone has gone from version 3 to version 4 in what seems like only a couple of years. Where is Pnet 2?

Interesting analogy, as ** is particularly W on mobile devices like the iPhone.

Nothing winds me up more than a site claiming it knows more than I do about when I do/don't want to open a new tab/window.

And it's SO FSCKING SLOW.

Nothing winds me up more than a site claiming it knows more than I do about when I do/don't want to open a new tab/window.

Erm, this, of course, applies even more to Punternet than it does to the other place!

Erm, this, of course, applies even more to Punternet than it does to the other place!

Once again, I cannot begin to describe how sorry we are about that!

Hi Amanda

Here's a few things off the top of my head, but I am the first to admit I am not familiar with the capabilities of the software he has or wishes to invest in. Also, afaiaa, he is not a techie. The AWanks are techieheads with a big T (or should that be a big head? :D)

On the forum:

I am just trying to answer the question btw, not do a pros and cons. :rolleyes:

I am not a techie, but this seems a helpful start. Presumably the point of an upgrade is to nick the good ideas from elsewhere, avoid the bad ideas and add your own improvements. Get it right, and no-one need look elsewhere again.

I am not a techie, but this seems a helpful start. Presumably the point of an upgrade is to nick the good ideas from elsewhere, avoid the bad ideas and add your own improvements. Get it right, and no-one need look elsewhere again.

I think you'll find that whoever owns ** pays someone to do the techie stuff out of the money they gain from allowing barebackers, scammers and other numpties to advertise on there. The last thing I would want is for PN to turn into an ** clone. Punternet is a site which has a simple style, clean coding, fast page loading etc.

Having said that. As an SP there are a few things I wouldn't mind seeing. An update to the areas listed, so that we can be more specific and also so that we can list a tour without having to flout the rules and links to our field reports from our listings. This could be something we do ourselves, we just need the option to do it.

Punters will always look elsewhere if they know what is available in my view, A/W cant be beaten as a location tool in the variety of WGs available but in most other ways Pnet is better for me, but has things i dont agree with as well. Knowing about the FR system and this forum gives punters an advantage over those that have no idea about either IMO.

Before the debate of what can be done the first thing to establish is what Galhad wants from the site, does he want to turn it into an income stream along the lines of ** or does he want it to be more of a forum / information base?

When thats established then consideration can be given as to how to best achieve the end goal, there is little point in people designing / suggestingoptions that do not fit in with the picture of the site going forward.

** is massive now, but there is potential for an ** 2, as we have Coke and Pepsi, Punternet is probably well placed to take the "Pepsi role" but of course only if thats what is desired by the owners.

Once again, I cannot begin to describe how sorry we are about that!

I wish you weren't being sarcy...

Any plans to fix it?

I wish you weren't being sarcy...

Any plans to fix it?

Was it that obvious ?? :confused::rolleyes:

As the site itself is not SOOOOO FUCKING SLOOOW! or whatever you said, how can we "fix" what ain't broke??

Was it that obvious ?? :confused::rolleyes:

As the site itself is not SOOOOO FUCKING SLOOOW! or whatever you said, how can we "fix" what ain't broke??

It'd be VERY simple to remove the target="results" and target="report" on the hrefs on punternet. Approximately 30 seconds work maybe? :D

** is definitely slow at peak times. That's a "good" problem to have though - they're slow because they're SOOOO FUCKING BUSSSYYYY!

I browsed to the "service providers list" or whatever it's called on here a couple of days ago. How many girls in my area? 1. How many on **? 100+. Sure, 50% of them might be fake etc, but I've seen about 10 of them personally, so there's certainly no way 99% of them are. As such, ** wins. I'd rather have to filter through some dross to find the gems, than have nothing to look for at all.

The two sites exist side by side though, I'll often find a girl on **, then come here to see what FRs she has. Invariably though the answer is "none". I'm glad I don't let that put me off, as some of my best punts have been with girls that don't exist on this site. No advert, no FRs, but still had a good time.

Sorry to say it, but long live **!

And they're making a FORTUNE as well galahad, you must be kicking yourself.... :D

A MASSIVE fucking fortune.

because I'm pretty sure that G will NEVER spend an afternoon wandering around Adultwank.

I find it hard to believe he's not had a browse! :confused:

I find it hard to believe he's not had a browse! :confused:

There's a good chance that he'd rather spend the afternoon having his fingernails removed without anaesthesia, but who knows?

There's a good chance that he'd rather spend the afternoon having his fingernails removed without anaesthesia, but who knows?

I don't follow; why wouldn't he be curious? He has more reason than any of us, after all, since they're in his business space.

I thought this was punternet 2, didnt G have a total overhaul of the message board not so long ago, if it is not broken then dont fix it.

** serves a completley different purpose to punternet, there is no community feel to **, yes it gets the punters in but thats all its for, pnet is different and it works just fine i think.

The only changes that need making are perhaps one or two dedicated message boards, but alas these would be abused so no point.