Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coventrypunter

We based email

6 posts in this topic

Mrs K does not like google mail and wants another email account, web based.

What do people reccomend as good ones.

not too much advertising would be good

Am no expert but find yahoo, ymail and gmx all fine. My main web-based email is still hotmail but am finding the disadvantages are starting to heavily outweigh advantages so can't personally recommend that one. Maybe mentioning the things Mrs K doesn't like about google will help? (If there are specifics. But 'google sucks' is also a valid reason I suppose :D.)

i reckon it loses emails and its featrure of guessing that a new email is part of an old thread just because the subject is the same means emals get buried.

i reckon it loses emails and its featrure of guessing that a new email is part of an old thread just because the subject is the same means emals get buried.

Why not access it with a PC client using either POP3 or IMAP connectivity? That will get read of the threading nonsense.

Is Mrs K checking the spam folder for lost emails?

There's a paid option which uses outlook web access if that suits?

This may work with other domain name vendors but it definately works with freeparking.co.uk.

You buy a domain name say kinky1956.co.uk. It costs about £10 for 2 years. You need nothing else.

You then create a a pop3 server. Easier than it sounds and takes 3 mouse clicks!

With a POP3 Server you will be able to create real email accounts and access your email via either the WebMail interface or download your emails into your desktop email client.

So... you can create your own domain name email account(s) and easily access your mail through the web.

Have a look. Its simple cheap and personisable.

( or whatever domain you choose.) It needs no special knowledge or skills and costs about 10p per week.