peepboom

Would you recommend a punt

26 posts in this topic

OK that might seem like a stupid question on punternet.com but let me explain...

I've been a bit of a lurker on the forums and on the other site for a while, but to date the closest to punting I've come to was a HE massage on holiday in China and for a couple of reasons I'm seriously considering a first punt but still have a few reservations.

The reasons I dont think its a simple question even on punternet is reading previous threads it seems at least some punters regret starting at times and are finding giving up hard and at least some of the ladies dont think so much of their job and clients and there's no way I want to pay someone to do something they dont like but feel its the best of some bad options jobs wise.

So honest opinion to both sides here would you recommend a punt to a first timer?

Guys do you think its addictive and therefore for someone who get addicted easily not worth trying and do you ever think worse of yourselves for punting?

And girls (income aside) do you think its ok for a guy to punt and can you ever respect a punter?

Both sides please pm if you dont want to put an honest answer on here.

Finally I've read enough threads to guess I might be accused of being a reporter or a campaigner against punting setting a trap or a million other things, but truth is as above and the proof of that is if the responses are convincing on either side I'll either be giving punting a go (and reporting back) or leave the forum and leave y'all to it.

Oh and thanks for all your views....

I'd never say 'Oh yes, I recommend you start punting'.

Equally, however, I'd never say 'Oh, I definitely wouldn't recommend you start punting'.

Why?

Because only YOU know YOU. Only YOU know what you can and can't deal with, and whether it's the right move for you.

But in answer to your broader question, yes, of course I think it's ok for a guy to punt, because it's his life, his money and his choice.

And I respect each and every one, as I do every other living soul on this god-forsaken planet - until they do something that diminishes them in my eyes.

OK that might seem like a stupid question on punternet.com but let me explain...

I've been a bit of a lurker on the forums and on the other site for a while, but to date the closest to punting I've come to was a HE massage on holiday in China and for a couple of reasons I'm seriously considering a first punt but still have a few reservations.

The reasons I dont think its a simple question even on punternet is reading previous threads it seems at least some punters regret starting at times and are finding giving up hard and at least some of the ladies dont think so much of their job and clients and there's no way I want to pay someone to do something they dont like but feel its the best of some bad options jobs wise.

So honest opinion to both sides here would you recommend a punt to a first timer?

Guys do you think its addictive and therefore for someone who get addicted easily not worth trying and do you ever think worse of yourselves for punting?

And girls (income aside) do you think its ok for a guy to punt and can you ever respect a punter?

Finally I've read enough threads to guess I might be accused of being a reporter or a campaigner against punting setting a trap or a million other things, but truth is as above and the proof of that is if the responses are convincing on either side I'll either be giving punting a go (and reporting back) or leave the forum and leave y'all to it.

I don't think it should be particularly addictive (depends upon the individual of course) but once you do it and that line is crossed it makes it easier to carry on and do it again.

I guess it would be addictive, if you have addictive tendancies to start with; otherwise, no, I don't think it is that addictive.

I would recommend it to someone who was thinking about it anyway, because once you try it you'll know if you wanna do it again or not.

If you think it's bad and seedy then you will probably feel bad and seedy afterwards. If you think it's awesome and cool then you will feel awesome and cool afterwards.

Just make sure you choose a good one to start with; a bad first experience could ruin it for you completely.

Because only YOU know YOU. Only YOU know what you can and can't deal with, and whether it's the right move for you.

But in answer to your broader question, yes, of course I think it's ok for a guy to punt, because it's his life, his money and his choice.

And I respect each and every one, as I do every other living soul on this god-forsaken planet - until they do something that diminishes them in my eyes.

Haha great post, helpful cynical and funny Claire. It's difficult to know though if "you can deal with it" without trying, hence one reason for the thread to get views from some who clearly can deal with it. (I'm assuming there's no one on here who punts and never enjoys it but please chip in if thats you)

Any ideas how to know if "you can deal with it" without first trying (perhaps a dumb question but worth a go)?

Just make sure you choose a good one to start with; a bad first experience could ruin it for you completely.

Also great advice filly. By choosing a good one to start with I'm guessing you mean someone with good FR's and experience, or is there anything else to look out for for a first time punt.

The moral question, for me, came the other night when I watched on the BBC news a couple of sad England fans being interviewed in South Africa, who said they'd spent £8k to come and support the team, and been let down.

Now spending that sort of money on a mere ball game? Is that "right"?

(But if she tickles my balls, that isn't a "ball game" exactly...)

Any addiction you may experience will be tempered by the availability of money !

Punting can make you seriously poor.

:eek:

Punting is like alcohol. Some people have a major problem with it. A majority go through life partaking when the mood takes them, and enjoying it immensely when they do.

Haha great post, helpful cynical and funny Claire. It's difficult to know though if "you can deal with it" without trying, hence one reason for the thread to get views from some who clearly can deal with it.

Any ideas how to know if "you can deal with it" without first trying

Peepboom .. to be honest Claire has given you most of the answer .. its up to you!

You know yourself ........don't you??

So I would not recommend anything !! .but ask yourself some seroius questions ...............Not ask others what they think.

What do you want to get from a punt ?

* Are you able to handle slight/ moderate / strong feelings of guilt (If you are in a relationship mainly) after the event ( before as well perhaps !)

* How much do you fear .. getting found out ? / It not working for you ? and the whole STD thing ......some people worry about this, some obsessively ... 20 years ago ... It concerned me a lot. ! and made the post punt period quite traumatic.....and a lot of check ups.!

* Does the morality/ legality of the situation concern you ??

* Are you an obsessive person ?? .. if so ....can you handle this ?

So I would suggest its not just the punt itself.........which you can ensure works ( or at least risk reduce) as best as poosible by choosing the right lady for you and perhaps about being up front with her about your situation.

but , its also about living with yourself afterwards .. if you are a worrier / have serious guilt complex's / OCD ....then it may not be for you

But - as Claire has said ..only you can know this....and you probably do already know the answer. !!

Good Luck ......

Personally starting to punt was one of the hardest things Ive ever done. I put it off and put it off untill things on a personal level decided me, but it was still hard, choosing the girl, making the journey and that final knock on the door wondering whats on the other side. Then you go inside with the girl and chat and hope your nerves will die down and wonder if you can go through with it. If like me you find the right girl to start with and tell her its your first time and she is understanding, hopefully you will have a great time. For me afterwards was the happiest Ive been for a long time, there was a bit of soul searching, have I done the wrong thing?, NO was the answer, I was happy for the first time in a long while and a lot of tension was released, for me it was healthy ( but not for my bank balance). Every one is different, like people have said its up to you if you want to start, way up the pros and cons, can you have a decent sex life any other way, if you are married do you want the complications of an affair, or if you have a good sex life do you want a bit of variety, its all down to you.

Peepboom, you haven't indicated whether the relationship-guilt issues raised by Badger are a factor with you, so I'll stick to 'addiction'.

How do you know if you are at risk on that front? Unless you have clear signs of an 'addictive personality', of which the most obvious would be a history of gambling or booze problems, then it's not likely to be worth worrying about. Apart from a small minority who do have that issue, most people who talk of punting as 'addictive' are exaggerating - often understandably, as when paying tribute to the charms of their favourite WG.

I happen to have both a lethal addiction (cigarettes) and a number of pleasurable but entirely controllable habits (punting, booze etc.), so I know the difference.

My hunch - and that's all it is, so forgive any presumption here - is that you are the 'worrying type', so your main challenge is going to be relaxing sufficiently to enjoy yourself. The good news is that almost all experienced WGs are experts at putting newbies at their ease. This is their job, and many take fully deserved pride in their professional skill, bless them all.

Whether I would recommend one to a first timer would depend on a number of things. Some like possible addictiveness have already been mentioned. I've no idea of your age, whether or not you have had much success in relationships, the kind of income you have, and a whole host of other things.

The time between my deciding to partake and going to a parlour was only a matter of a couple of hours, and when I was on holiday (alone). So I did little if any soul searching before taking the plunge. Very different from your experience. I do think that being on holiday, with no chance of anyone I knew seeing my entering the place, made it easier, and for the last few years never go anywhere near home.

Best of luck whatever you choose.

It's every bit as good as it promised to be so a big YES from me. As far as addiction is concerned I would say that anything and everything that brings excessive pleasure has an addictive potential and must be treated with caution. The danger aspect is the high cost and lack of control but I guess that all depends on each individual personality and their circumstances. What gives me greatest comfort is to know that there is a convenient outlet. If I didn't have that outlet my life would be far worse. I'm interested to read what the girls think of us punters but as far as descending into an immoral downward spiral I think i'm safe - but i'm willing to take my chances :eek:

I smoke 20-30 a day but wouldn't recommend it. I drink twice as much alcohol as the maximum safe allowance but wouldn't encourage anyone else to do so. I eat a huge fried breakfast every day but wouldn't advise others to try it.

I love all these things and they are "addictive" but you should assume a worst case scenario - that you do become addicted to punting and then work out if you could live with that. Can you afford it, will it affect any relationship you are in, will it impact your job, are there any ethical concerns, etc.. Once you have come to a view, then at least you have made a decision based on the worst case scenario that you have agreed is tolerable for you.

If all that is OK - you will love it. More fun than spending £8k following the World Cup!!!

Before I started I had all sorts of wrong perceptions and prejudices about punters and punting.

Once I started I regretted not doing it years earlier.

Before I started I had all sorts of wrong perceptions and prejudices about punters and punting.

Me too.

Now I just have different ones. :D

On a serious note - ideally -

A young man should have his fill of whore houses if he is so inclined, or whatever equivalent is available to him. He will learn a lot of he is observant and has certain qualities already.

A man a little older should be exploring relationships if he is so inclined, for he is at his prime, and should have by now acquired a little knowledge about lovemaking.

A man very much older may find less options open to him. If he is rich or married or both, he has maybe certain traditional avenues of adventure, just like politicians. He should also be wise enough (one hopes) not to get caught.

:D :D

From my own experience definitely yes.

I deliberated for a long time before taking the plunge, but since then, nearly four years ago, I've never looked back.

My reasons were pretty standard, not enough sex and not enough variety at home after a long marriage.

Do your research, check FR's, decide what you want. In my experience sex with WG's is better than in any relationship; these ladies are professionals, it's their job, and they're good at it. Plus the fact that, in my case at least, they are so much younger and more attractive than anyone I would otherwise encounter.

Another benefit is that an hour with a WG is an hour devoted to sex; at home it's ten minutes, once a week, tops.

I don't know about addiction. In my case my punting is limited as much by opportunity as money; I only punt when I'm away from home on business, which is better from a security viewpoint anyway.

Go for it, and Good Luck!

Once I started I regretted not doing it years earlier.

As i started punting when i was 19 i dont have any regrets for not starting earlier,:D but i would say overall punting is great fun if you can afford it but its up to the individual to show some self control if it starts to become an addiction.

I view it as a pursuit, the pursuit to shag as many WGs as possible, i dont take illegal drugs, smoke or drink so punting is my main vice and one i recommend to most.

My one proviso is punting can never give you what a relationship can, if its that you really want then think long and hard before punting, i have personally always preferred both, a relationship for the emotions that gives, love and maybe having children, basically having a lady to share your life with, and punting for the variety i require and which is for one reason, sex without strings. A great advantage i have found is i have never felt guilty, i am too selfish for that so do what suits me.:D

Thanks for all posts so far I'm almost there...

Few posts pointed out I hadn't given much info about myself so... mid-late 20's, earn enough for 4 hrs punting a month, main reason for punting is a few disastrous relationships left me with nil confidence, and slightly addictive nature (since I discovered ** I'm checking 3-4 times a week to see who's new). Dont know if that will help ya advise but you did ask...

From replies I see punters are as varied as any "hobbyist" and only one comment (on a different post) has made me think against trying a punt:

Dont do it. You will waste money, sex with your partner will never be the same i.e. you will never get the same sensation. Pursuing new women becomes unexciting as you know you can just pay for whatever type of woman you want whenever you want. The chase of bedding a non-pro will never be the same as you always have an easy option. You will become immune to intimacy.

Most of that is about addiction which we've chatted about already but punters what's your view on punting ruining "normal" relationship sex.

The only major question I have left though is why apart from Claire did no WGs post here? It's not surprising that most punters will be largely positive so again to any WGs reading this can/do you respect punters or to put it differently if you discovered you best male friend or close brother was a punter (and they didnt know you were a WG) how would you react?

Recommend someone to punt WITH... yeah sure.

Whether to actually start punting... well no...but depends on why he wants to do it. If its becuase hes single then try other options for dating FIRST...then if your sick of the stalkers and girls throwing up on your shoes in the early hours of sunday morning then maybe see what its like.

But warn them that its HIGHLY addictive and that even thou the girl may make you think that your the sexiest, most attractive guy in the world who gives them orgasms they never had...its not real...... :eek:

I answered this question the other day from a guy.

The answer I gave him I will give to you now.

If you are unsure and don't know if you could withstand all the ins and outs of this industry, after all you have read here, then Don't punt.

Because this industry can break you very quickly and very badly, if you are un-suited for it.

If you are having doubts that you have to ask others for advice then your not ready and would be a bad decision for yourself IMO.

Tammy.

Ahh come on, it's the oldest profession in the world. I have yet to encounter a woman who would have sex with me against her own will. If that were the case, I myself wouldn't wanna do it. All the working girls I've seen so far were in this business because of the following reasons:

1.) They like sex

2.) They like money and of course everyone favorite

3.) They like sex and the money ... :mad:

Hi Peepboom,

Like yourself, I was quite curious about the punting scene and spent some time lurking here in the background. Finally curiousity got the better of me and I booked a 30 min meeting with a lovely lady who came highly recommended for 'beginners'.

Personally, I haven't regretted it at all. I've met some lovely ladies whom I wouldn't have met otherwise. My first punt was some 5 yrs ago and I haven't become addicted at all. I punt occasionally when I can, but it's not a weekly thing for me at all. I think life is all about experiences, whatever the kinda of experience.

So I guess my advice to you would be, try it, you might like it. And if you don't, at least you will have satisfied your curiosity :mad:

Hope that helps!

Beta

The moral question, for me, came the other night when I watched on the BBC news a couple of sad England fans being interviewed in South Africa, who said they'd spent £8k to come and support the team, and been let down.

Now spending that sort of money on a mere ball game? Is that "right"?

(But if she tickles my balls, that isn't a "ball game" exactly...)

Yes the England fans, I remember watching that, 8k! Wow Imagine what a seasoned punter could of done with that money, they should of given me the money, and stayed home, I could of gone on a long range recce to Brasil, for research purposes you understand, for the WC 2014 and given the country a full Inspection. :mad::P