ladyofthemansion

Punters are not allowed to smoke in own home.

90 posts in this topic

Went to outcall yesterday. Nice man, but when we made way upstairs to begin the service he picked up his ashtray, fags and lighter. I said to him nicely that he would not be able to smoke around me. He was ok about it but laughingly made a comment about not being able to smoke in his own home. I stated that at this moment in time his home was my work place and the law states no smoking in the work place. Am hoping others on here will agree with me and would be interested in hearing all the yukky fag experiences had by all.

I am a heavy smoker but I would happily refrain in my own home if a guest requested it. However, I'm not sure if the law supports this workplace scenario. If so, the millions of households who employ a cleaner, a babysitter, a plumber, etc, would not be able to smoke in their own home. It seems like its another example of a recent law that was rushed through without proper consideration.

I stated that at this moment in time his home was my work place and the law states no smoking in the work place.

No it's not your workplace, it is his home. I am glad that his politeness prevailed but the law has nothing to do with it. If he had insisted on smoking, you were free to leave.

And you didn't suddenly find yourself booted unceremoniously onto the pavement outside his house?

If the guy was ok about it, why on earth would you start quoting the law at him? Not exactly the best way to build up rapport with a client at the start of a booking, surely?

Am also trying to imagine a scenario where someone would actually want to or even be able to smoke during a massage!

Am also trying to imagine a scenario where someone would actually want to or even be able to smoke during a massage!

That did cross my mind. Maybe it's the all new spandangly standy uppy massage? :eek:

Went to outcall yesterday. Nice man, but when we made way upstairs to begin the service he picked up his ashtray, fags and lighter. I said to him nicely that he would not be able to smoke around me. He was ok about it but laughingly made a comment about not being able to smoke in his own home. I stated that at this moment in time his home was my work place and the law states no smoking in the work place. Am hoping others on here will agree with me and would be interested in hearing all the yukky fag experiences had by all.

I'm a non-smoker these days but we stopped smoking in the house when the kids came along and relegated ourselves to the garage for a crafty fag (where does one buy these crafty fags?). Before then we would tend to refrain from smoking in the house when we had people round unless they all smoked as well.

Anyway, the answer to your question is that he is perfectly entitled to smoke in his home as it is a private dwelling not used solely as a place of work. Rude - yes. Unlawful - no.

The smoking law does apply to peoples homes.

If you know that a worker of any description is coming to your home to work with a certain time you are by law forbidden to smoke in your own home!!

The woman making the post was right to ask him not to smoke, I would politely ask a lady not too!

I'm sure she didn't quote the law like an overbearing council official or police officer!

Maybe he has a hole in his bed so that he can smoke whilst she was doing his back?? :eek::rolleyes:

If you know that a worker of any description is coming to your home to work with a certain time you are by law forbidden to smoke in your own home!!

The woman making the post was right to ask him not to smoke, I would politely ask a lady not too!

I'm sure she didn't quote the law like an overbearing council official or police officer!

The Smoke-free (Exemptions and Vehicles) Regulations 2007

Private accommodation

Can you post a link to that law please.

I stated that at this moment in time his home was my work place and the law states no smoking in the work place. Am hoping others on here will agree with me...

Hi LoTM

Smoking does funny things to ya. I stress that I feel for you at the prospect of being locked in a smoky room - and your polite request that he didn't light up. All was going swimmingly until that bit.

Unless you were also putting-on your best monotonal E. L. Wisty voice, with respect, that is honestly the most insufferably pompous and nauseating thing I've had the misfortune to read in a long time. Truly staggering, and, I'm quite sure, not in character with your normal self.

On the bright side; it's sooooo absurd and original that someone might pick it up to use in a sketch - in fact it's Hollywood material: so there's a decent chance of a screen credit and maybe even royalties if you register it fast enough. :eek:

Sorry that was not what you wanted to hear :)

If you forbade him from smoking in his own home, whoops - your workplace, I certainly hope for his sake it wasn't one of your famous 3-hour tugjobs.

I said to him nicely that he would not be able to smoke around me. He was ok about it but laughingly made a comment about not being able to smoke in his own home. I stated that at this moment in time his home was my work place and the law states no smoking in the work place.

I don't think the Law comes into it.

Every man and woman is free to do whatever they want in their own homes.

I don't think you should have told him what to do in his own home, as the saying goes "An Englishman's home is his castle".

I am sure you wouldn't like it if someone told you what to do in your own home.

.... I said to him nicely that he would not be able to smoke around me. He was ok about it but laughingly made a comment about not being able to smoke in his own home. I stated that at this moment in time his home was my work place and the law states no smoking in the work place. Am hoping others on here will agree with me and would be interested in hearing all the yukky fag experiences had by all.

I disagree about the 'workplace'. He was polite enough to accommodate a guest's wishes. Put on your site that you will not tolerate being in a smoking environment, and then folk will know where you stand before they decide whether or not to make a booking.

How often over the years have we been warned of the dangers of smoking in bed?:eek:

As I understand it, for the purposes of Smoke-free regulations, the provision of personal care is not classed as work and therefore you cannot claim that it is your place of work.

You may find this of interest.

Ohhhhh. That's an interesting subject for a thread. :eek:

Er, if someone did that to me in my house...

Some ladies say in their profiles that they are not happy for clients to smoke in their presence. MNaybe for future reference you shgoukld simply add that to yours.

No it's not your workplace, it is his home. I am glad that his politeness prevailed but the law has nothing to do with it. If he had insisted on smoking, you were free to leave.

100% correct IMO. I am chuckling at the cheek of someone laying down the law to someone in their own home like this. I dont smoke or do Outcalls to my home but if i did i would be asking the SP to please leave as this would of spoiled my vibe. The SP should make it clear on their site/profile and again when accepting a booking that the punter smoking is a deal breaker and let him decide at that time whether to proceed or not in my view.

I stated that at this moment in time his home was my work place and the law states no smoking in the work place.

I am suprised that this quote has not got much of a discussion, as its the guys home "not your workplace", he booked you to do some work in his house, that in any terms does not mean its your work place.

Though a polite request for a non smoking area to work in, will 99% of the time get an agreement.

One guy who used to visit my old work place would insist on smoking during his punt. I think he had a smoking fetish. I only saw him once as my hair and clothes smelt of smoke after his visit. Being a non smoker it was gross and the room smelt terrible afterwards and I had to open all the windows after he left.

On two occasions I've had guys calling asking if they can smoke in the rooms when seeing girls and I've said no. It is really unpleasant for whoever is punting after him.

I've been on outcalls and the guyz have asked if I want a cigarette after and I've said I dont smoke and fortunately they havent bothered either.

Went to outcall yesterday. Nice man, but when we made way upstairs to begin the service he picked up his ashtray, fags and lighter. I said to him nicely that he would not be able to smoke around me. He was ok about it but laughingly made a comment about not being able to smoke in his own home.

Well what do we guys expect, this was from a lady who a few weeks ago said she wanted the television on during a booking because England were playing in the world cup...:eek::D:D:D

his house if he wants to smoke its up to him...

ladies if you smoke have a ciggie with him and let him waste his own time!