Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JKay

Can we give A_W a miss please

37 posts in this topic

Enough of the links and touting please.

So, is punternet subject to censorship?

Of course it is: there are loads of posters on here (not including you, divi, with whom I've very rarely interacted) who I'd like to accuse of being, um, anuses, indulgers in self-abuse or scatological material, but I'd rather be allowed to keep posting my own style of bollocks. :mad:

I think the problem is that ** has become such a major source of punting in the UK that its hard to ignore. Many girls who are indies or even listed on agency sites also have an ** profile. Sometimes cheaper.

Agree about the touting though. What we need is balance. Has anyone any ideas how to achieve that?

Did you not think that was a totally reasonable request?

Do the mods know what's happening with the promised review of the policy relating to A W that we told would happen after the last big row, several months ago now?

Who is touting? I see the post that Joanna put on about the silly emails which I replied to, is this what your talking about?? Or just in general?? I'm confused.

Who is touting? I see the post that Joanna put on about the silly emails which I replied to, is this what your talking about?? Or just in general?? I'm confused.

Every day there is another thread on the subject.

The Mods are deleting a lot of them.

I must admit, I'm not always clear on what is and isn't meant by 'touting'. Sometimes it's blatantly obvious; but for example, several times posters have asked for recommendations of talented sensual masseuses in North London and I've mentioned the same two or three names, not because I 'know' them personally, but because I've experienced their services and feel they are very good at what they do. Is that me touting them, or simply responding helpfully to a request for information? Each time I mention them afresh I half expect a yellow card from the Mods, but it hasn't happened yet.

I think the problem is that ** has become such a major source of punting in the UK that its hard to ignore. Many girls who are indies or even listed on agency sites also have an ** profile. Sometimes cheaper.

Its also a huge source of timewasters, bait n switchers, and con artists. Its the internet equivalent of the old phone box cards.

Yup there are gems and genuine girls but the ratio of fake to genuine is huge. And some of that fakery used to drift onto punternet like a huge smelly fart after a sunday lunch....

At least on here there is management and willingness to eject fakes. But if we relax the A W stance then some one will have to check even more about fakes and scams. Whose gunna do that?

Agree about the touting though. What we need is balance. Has anyone any ideas how to achieve that?

Errr, Ghengis or JKay saying "Oi stop touting!".

Usually works.... :mad:

Cant you just let us ladies tout? x x x :mad:

I'm not even sure how much it happens - by the way Lottie, are you back in London, Herts, Essex and Kent at the moment? :D:(

In a word, no.

Enough of the links and touting please.
Its also a huge source of timewasters, bait n switchers, and con artists. Its the internet equivalent of the old phone box cards.

Yup there are gems and genuine girls but the ratio of fake to genuine is huge. And some of that fakery used to drift onto punternet like a huge smelly fart after a sunday lunch....

At least on here there is management and willingness to eject fakes. But if we relax the A W stance then some one will have to check even more about fakes and scams. Whose gunna do that?

Errr, Ghengis or JKay saying "Oi stop touting!".

Usually works.... :mad:

Amen!

I've had it with Awank, almost thinking of deleting my account.

@W is a very different operation to this one. It remains the biggest punting resource in the UK for all it's faults. By 'asteriskising' the very name and refusing to accept FRs for SPs who only use @W for advertising, Punternet is in denial.

Accepting the existence of @W and accepting FRs for @W SP's would be of immense benefit to Punternet and the industry as a whole. It might even help to publicize some of the dross on @W.

Sorry Galahad but running a business, forum, life or anything else based on a grudge is counter productive.

@W is a very different operation to this one. It remains the biggest punting resource in the UK for all it's faults. By 'asteriskising' the very name and refusing to accept FRs for SPs who only use @W for advertising, Punternet is in denial.

Accepting the existence of @W and accepting FRs for @W SP's would be of immense benefit to Punternet and the industry as a whole. It might even help to publicize some of the dross on @W.

Sorry Galahad but running a business, forum, life or anything else based on a grudge is counter productive.

That may be so, but I have to say that in Galahad's shoes I'd be tempted to respond "this isn't a democracy - my house, my rules".

If you're that desperate to discuss AWank, you could always use their forum. Try mentioning Punternet over there while you're at it and see what happens...

If you're that desperate to discuss AWank, you could always use their forum. Try mentioning Punternet over there while you're at it and see what happens...

Good post Amanda! :mad: He could also ask their management to clean up the scams on their site and see where that gets him.

Good post Amanda! :mad: He could also ask their management to clean up the scams on their site and see where that gets him.

I don't see how that would be possible now, it's denigrated (love that word:D) to such a low level that it's beyond repair IMO.

No grudges here I can assure you of that, FR manipulation is fact, as is me getting pissed off deleting thinly vailed adverts/touting posts (not just A-W) in pre-mod, lets give it all a rest for a while, plenty of other stuff to write about.

Yeah and don't forget they don't like punternet and its G's board he has put a lot of hard work and effort into this. Put up or shut up. I am myself sick to death of all the threads we get to see about that site. God only knows how many the mods delete that we don't get to see.

If you're that desperate to discuss AWank, you could always use their forum.

They don't have one, more's the pity

it's denigrated (love that word) to such a low level

if you love the word, at least take the trouble to use it properly. It is a transitive verb and requires an object.:mad:

He could also ask their management to clean up the scams on their site and see where that gets him.

I would dearly love to, but, as you suggest, it will get me nowhere as they make money from the scams.

I only suggest that PN dropping it's childish aversion to @W would be of benefit to the average punter, to PN itself and could play a small part in reducing the crap on @W.

However I fear the PN clique rules supreme in its self denial.

if you love the word, at least take the trouble to use it properly. It is a transitive verb and requires an object.:(

I would dearly love to, but, as you suggest, it will get me nowhere as they make money from the scams.

I only suggest that PN dropping it's childish aversion to @W would be of benefit to the average punter, to PN itself and could play a small part in reducing the crap on @W.

I shall bear that in mind, thanks, now where the hell did I put those M&M's? :mad:

Yes they do... Google it... AWank forum...

if you love the word, at least take the trouble to use it properly. It is a transitive verb and requires an object.:mad:

Thats enough, move on.

Please dont insult us.