Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calynx

Thwarted by public transport and the weather

6 posts in this topic

Yes, I know, "not another post about a field report" you say, but it's Sunday evening and I'm bored!

Having read this one about Abi of Surrey, I'm left wondering what its purpose is. Is the writer looking for sympathy or what? He'd do better posting his woes on here!

I can understand his frustration. He'd arranged a not inexpensive punt with a sexy lady and was clearly looking forward to it (who wouldn't?) but then, as a result of a rotten journey by train and by foot, and in this heat, he was in a poor mood and couldn't rise to the occasion. The report is not detrimental to the lady - in fact quite the reverse, although I'm not sure Abi will particularly see it as a feather in her cap - but as a FR what does it achieve? It's certainly of no help to fellow punters - except saying to avoid the rush hour!

Will she see him again?

Perhaps it's by way of apology (for what he perceived to be his lacklustre performance) and thank you to Abi? (for her continued efforts to revive him...)

Perhaps it's by way of apology (for what he perceived to be his lacklustre performance) and thank you to Abi? (for her continued efforts to revive him...)
I know you jest - but if he wanted to do that he could have emailed her.

Would you be happy to have such a report? Should he have bothered?

Unlike many reports that people complain about, it does specify services and is generally informative.

I know you jest - but if he wanted to do that he could have emailed her.

Would you be happy to have such a report? Should he have bothered?

Hmm, I wouldn't be thrilled, but I wouldn't be horrified either, and I'd see him again... should he have bothered? Possibly not, but then there are other FRs which are even less informative so...

*shrugs*

Unlike many reports that people complain about, it does specify services and is generally informative.

I was going to say the same regarding the services, far better for me than the; "i wont go into any details" FRs which are of zero use to me.

If i had been him i would of allowed for the walk and heat, nothing he could of done about the train, which is why i punt local and drive, but he did have time to recover and get back into it, but obviously couldnt on this occasion. I would guess the lady would see him again, she still got paid and the FR is quite positive in my view. An expensive way to spend £500 would be my overall impression.:)