Guest Interested

Residents complain about change of use for massage parlour

7 posts in this topic

I've only just spotted this - but it seems that the local residents are more concerned about a new corner shop opening rather than the previous use of the place as a busy massage parlour...

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/Plan-to-turn-massage-parlour.5017370.jp

I actually live just round the street from there, when it was a massage the outside wall was painted with the words 'paradise massage' in huge writing. But i dont think it had been open for a very long time when i moved there, or customers were so discreet no one noticed. Local residents didnt have a problem because it was either shut, or completely discrete. I never used it myself so have no idea what services were on offer if any

Personally I love the new corner shop, its a bit small, but open till 11, and less than a minutes walk. Some eastern europeans do use it as a cheap pub, continually buying alcohol, and drinking outside on the bench but they dont cause any trouble, so personally I have no problem

I actually live just round the street from there, when it was a massage the outside wall was painted with the words 'paradise massage' in huge writing. But i dont think it had been open for a very long time when i moved there, or customers were so discreet no one noticed. Local residents didnt have a problem because it was either shut, or completely discrete. I never used it myself so have no idea what services were on offer if any

Paradise was a very busy and popular parlour in its day. I wouldn't necessarily say discreet as it had a sign with big palm trees and the words "Paradise Massage" across it.

I supposed it depends on when you moved in as it was left empty for quite some time... I think it closed around 2005 ish, though the signage was left there until it changed into a shop.

As a parlour it never seemed to get any grief from the locals though

Paradise was a very busy and popular parlour in its day. I wouldn't necessarily say discreet as it had a sign with big palm trees and the words "Paradise Massage" across it.

I supposed it depends on when you moved in as it was left empty for quite some time... I think it closed around 2005 ish, though the signage was left there until it changed into a shop.

As a parlour it never seemed to get any grief from the locals though

Moved there in mid of 2006, so I guess its been closed since Ive lived there. So cant really comment, other than the occaional person would say 'Oh by the brothel, when I told them where I lived)

You guys have a small neon sign dont you, a bit more discreet than Paradise, but vastly different to the random flat you get in milton keynes. Course the random flat in MK seems to change every other month, so maybe not hiding it works better.

Moved there in mid of 2006, so I guess its been closed since Ive lived there. So cant really comment, other than the occaional person would say 'Oh by the brothel, when I told them where I lived)

You guys have a small neon sign dont you, a bit more discreet than Paradise, but vastly different to the random flat you get in milton keynes. Course the random flat in MK seems to change every other month, so maybe not hiding it works better.

Yeah, we do have a neon sign :confused:

I had assumed that the steady closure of the London saunas was down to some Local Authorities choosing not to renew trading authority and daring them to challenge it.

This suggests different.

It closed down some years ago, not sure of prop got used for anything else in the mean time,