Guest Xenia

Iphone camera does not work...

19 posts in this topic

Does anybody else encountered this prob and managed to fix it?

Its basically when you press on the camera icon, the shutter does not open. Needless to say, all apps which using camera does not work also.

It looks exactly like on this video:

The problem arised when I upgraded to the OS4 iphone software, before I did not had any probs. I've tried to downgrade it to the previous 3.1.2 software but it was not successful. (to long to explain)

I did look for solution on the net and so far its zilch. :eek:. There are must be some fix for it, its always is with an apple!

A silly question perhaps, but have you tried turning the phone off completely and turning it back on again ?

A silly question perhaps, but have you tried turning the phone off completely and turning it back on again ?
Or getting an HTC Desire: -)

LOL! Of course I did! I also restored it to factory settings through Itunes. Tried camera before syncing, but still no joy.

I even tried to jailbrake it through Redsnow, thought it might be a slim chance for a fix, but then after downloading RS and launching it, my comp gave me a blue screen. (took a long time to sort this out also!) Somehow this program does not like my comp. :eek:

I would not post it here, if I did not expired of the options.

The problem arised when I upgraded to the OS4 iphone software, before I did not had any probs. I've tried to downgrade it to the previous 3.1.2 software but it was not successful. (to long to explain)

Interesting! My brat, who usually is spot on right up to date with the latest of bloody everything has sent me several photos in the last week, all taken with Ver 3.1.3. If he hasn't upgraded to Ver 4, he must have a reason.

Not much use, am I ?

Or getting an HTC Desire: -)

Does it have threaded messaging?

Does it have threaded messaging?

If you download the Handcent App, yes.

Camera works fine for me, using iPhone3GS with IOS4.

LOL! Of course I did! I also restored it to factory settings through Itunes. Tried camera before syncing, but still no joy.

I even tried to jailbrake it through Redsnow, thought it might be a slim chance for a fix, but then after downloading RS and launching it, my comp gave me a blue screen. (took a long time to sort this out also!) Somehow this program does not like my comp. ;)

I would not post it here, if I did not expired of the options.

I realise you are brighter than the average bear, but I have to ask anyways, it's force of habbit :)

Are you using a 3G or a 3GS

Oh, and DO NOT jailbreak your phone, all the while it's in it's "natural state" you can go to Apple tech support. The minute you jailbreak it, they will not want to know.

drop it in your tea, claim on your insurance and get summat other than apple

overpriced crap and their customer service is dire.

drop it in your tea, claim on your insurance and get summat other than apple

overpriced crap and their customer service is dire.

Nonsense I'm afraid Kinky

Nonsense I'm afraid Kinky

Actually, he's right in that it's overpriced, but it isn't crap.

Actually, he's right in that it's overpriced, but it isn't crap.

And I've always found their customer service very good.

I'm on a 3GS, and have recently upgraded. My camera works fine, but a number of other bugs have surfaced, the main one being the device will unpredictably re-boot. Another one, though a 'known' issue is that an app which previously would transfer whole folders of pictures to its folders now won't do that as Apple have modified the software they say (you can still do it the long way, create the folder in the default iPhone folder in Pictures on your computer and synch it thru iTunes). The re-boot issue is a problem. Like Xenia's camera perhaps. Again, only occurred since upgrading and no known cure on the Web I can see for either yet. I'm not confident that a restore would fix things. Local O2 shop said they'd 'never heard of the problem' duh. (Sales people maybe trained only to listen to positives.) They did have a very prominent cashback offer to trade in for an upgrade to the new iPhone model.

On the plus side, Folders is a great benefit if you regularly use lots of apps, and so far for me outweighs the negatives of the software update so far.

I've only dealt with Apple once and my experience was that the service is really rather good. I was a few days over the warranty on on an iPod and they replaced it anyway. Expensive if you have to pay though.

Maybe you're holding it wrong

I came across this in one of the forums while searching for a fix for the reboot/crash prob. My camera is still working fine so I can't vouch for it. The bugs don't seem to be uniform.

"Camera app works within the messages app. Only when you want to snap a picture and use it in an MMS to send. Its take a little while but it works since its not trying to add it to the camera roll."

If you download the Handcent App, yes.

I do like HTC desire, but I am not prepared to switch to another set and and abandon almost 3 years worth of data on Iphone. SMS texts, mails and stored numbers of timewasters are the most valuable. If I will change the phone its after be another Iphone but Iphone4 this time. At least that way I can synchronise all data from the old phone.

Oh, and DO NOT jailbreak your phone, all the while it's in it's "natural state" you can go to Apple tech support. The minute you jailbreak it, they will not want to know.
Are you using a 3G or a 3GS

Its an old one, 3G. I don't bother about apple support. Once the phone out of the warranty, support service are almost useless or expensive.

I wanted to jailbrake it anyway, so I can download some cool apps from Cydia. :-)

I came across this in one of the forums while searching for a fix for the reboot/crash prob. My camera is still working fine so I can't vouch for it. The bugs don't seem to be uniform.

"Camera app works within the messages app. Only when you want to snap a picture and use it in an MMS to send. Its take a little while but it works since its not trying to add it to the camera roll."

Thanks HS, but it does not even work with MMS.

Maybe you're holding it wrong

I did not hold anything wrong in my life, apart of the cheesgreater against somebody's balls. ;)

I've heard that IOS4 isn't too happy on a 3G. I've heard friends complaining of loss of visual voicemail and 3G data. They have all downgraded the IOS to 3.x. Perhaps it's better that you persevere with the downgrade.