Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strawberry

Hotmail vacation reply

7 posts in this topic

Why can't I find this on hotmail anymore?Currently having some problems with my internet access plus will be having 5 days off very soon so won't be able to always log in to reply to emails. Went in to set up the automatic 'vacation reply' but can't see it anywhere.

I'm not wanting any recommendations regards alternative email addys to use. You see with my current out-of-my-control internet access issues messing around reseting all my contact info, stuff on my website, signatures etc is not something I will be doing thanks(it will just be something that adds to the current hair-tearing moments).

I just need a nice a simple answer please.

Ta x

Thanks SAS, seems a lot of others are unhappy about it too. It's often posted on the main forum that girls should set up vacation replies so guys know they aren't ignoring their emails.

Seems I can't do that now. Have already changed my email addy once as Ruth which caused confusion and reluctant to do it again - but may have to although at the moment it's just not possible.

I don't use auto reply since I realised I might be replying to spam email and alerting the harvesters that the address is daft enough to open their mail, so inviting a deluge.

I don't know what the answer is though, I usually carry a notebook or blackberry to read mail. When I'm away on hols I find McD's theyre everywhere! They usually have free wifi or failing that some of the cheaper hotel chains have open access or access for an hour at around 10e .

My blackberry seems to have problems picking the emails up - sometimes they come through straight away, other times can be delayed by up to 8 hours. I also have had some emails go to junk too - just missed replying to one from yesterday as a result of this.

Have spoken to my SP about this who just says I've set the email forwarding up incorrectly.

Who knows, anyway I've got internet access now.

My blackberry seems to have problems picking the emails up - sometimes they come through straight away, other times can be delayed by up to 8 hours. I also have had some emails go to junk too - just missed replying to one from yesterday as a result of this.

Have spoken to my SP about this who just says I've set the email forwarding up incorrectly.

Who knows, anyway I've got internet access now.

Strawberry,

If your blackberry has been causing you problems, just blow it a big raspberry ;)