Scorchin

Advertisments on A*W*

20 posts in this topic

We are all guilty of the odd 'typo' and spelling mistake in posts on this board.

But, looking through A*W* today it is clear that the education system is failing. If you accept that most WGs leave school and do no further academic training it nonetheless incredible that they cannot put together a grammatical sentence with correct spelling and punctuation.

Why?

I do not buy into the cr*p that the message is more important than the presentation. I would find it difficult to envisage a punt with a WG using 'you know' and 'like I said' even once - and their posts on A*W* indicate that is exactly what they will do.

Considering so many in this industry are foreign and English is not their first language, I would be much more understanding...

Or maybe they are intelligent ladies just trying to talk down to the base level of their perceived target audience. I know from experience that most punters do not want to punt with a lady smarter than they are. Jacqueline Kennedy spoke little and in careful measured tones ... insiders said in order to avoid out-shining her husband.

xxx

Pru

We are all guilty of the odd 'typo' and spelling mistake in posts on this board.

But, looking through A*W* today it is clear that the education system is failing. If you accept that most WGs leave school and do no further academic training it nonetheless incredible that they cannot put together a grammatical sentence with correct spelling and punctuation.

Why?

I do not buy into the cr*p that the message is more important than the presentation. I would find it difficult to envisage a punt with a WG using 'you know' and 'like I said' even once - and their posts on A*W* indicate that is exactly what they will do.

When I read a profile with a poor grammar, punctuation and lexicon, I always assume that males pimps wrote it, not a girls themselves. Yes, they usually that thick. (pimps that is)

If you accept that most WGs leave school and do no further academic training it nonetheless incredible that they cannot put together a grammatical sentence with correct spelling and punctuation.

You're going to get in hot-water with that one S.

As others have pointed out, for many of the girls, English is not even a second language (Baltics and slavs will often speak Russian second; Czechs & Hungarians have German and so on) - and, of course, it could be a guy writing the copy.

I do sympathize with you on the turn-off, though. I most often think that if somebody can't be bothered to spend a few moments when writing their business pitch, to clear-up the errors we all make when writing, then I have serious doubts that they arecapable of making the effort when I'm there in person. Net result, more often than not = no booking from me.

Two errors that I am increasingly noticing from native English writers on both the net and in emails, to the point where more people appear to have it wrong than right, are:

Loose/loosing instead of lose/losing :rolleyes:

as in "I loose my patients at bad spellars, and blame Rebecca Loos for confuzing us dyslexics"

and

"Should of" instead of "should have" or "should've"

as in: "Coarse: she shouldn't of wanked that pig, innit?"

That said, and moaning aside; there's a good reason that the world isn't run by copy-writers, proof-readers and librarians. :)

Must say that I will ignore most profiles on that site which have no idea of spelling or grammar. Lets be honest it's not difficult to type something & then use spell check.

In this hobby, as with most walks of life, first impressions are important & for something which can easily be corrected with technology there is no excuse IMHO. To be fair good spelling & grammar doesn't necessarily mean intelligence. I have a friend who is dyslexic & he's by far the most intelligent person I know.

In reply to Ebonypru, is that really the case? I would have thought most guys would prefer an articulate & intelligent lady, especially on longer bookings. I'm not the cleverest person in the world but I do take pride in the fact that I'm fairly smart & appreciate others who do too.

One of my biggest dislikes is someone who has no knowledge or interest in current affairs, but perhaps that's just me?

No!!!!!! I had a nicely typed out vent for Ebonypru misandrous post (had to look that word up). But totally missed Scorchin's line about "most WGs leave school and do no further academic training". Tin hat time mate + shot my argument down before I managed to post it.

Damn Damn Damn. I hate being wrong - happens to me all the time :rolleyes:

Or maybe they are intelligent ladies just trying to talk down to the base level of their perceived target audience. I know from experience that most punters do not want to punt with a lady smarter than they are. Jacqueline Kennedy spoke little and in careful measured tones ... insiders said in order to avoid out-shining her husband.

xxx

Pru

But, as you acknowledge, there are exceptions. I love intelligent women; I find a sharp brain a real turn-on whilst finding poor grammar and spelling a turn-off (OK maybe I'm a bit weird).

You dont need good punctuation to be a good shag!

True, but you need to attract the client first, in order to give him a good shag.

Why?

What about the WG we all know on here with 2 university degrees ?

True, but you need to attract the client first, in order to give him a good shag.

And there was me thinking men thought with their dicks.

No - but it's a presentation thing: it just helps get some more customers to the point where they want to pay you to be a good shag. :(

And there was me thinking men thought with their dicks.

And there was me thinking that a lady in your profession would know that there are many different types of men. :(

I know from experience that most punters do not want to punt with a lady smarter than they are.

Smart ladies = hot cakes.

To be honest though I have noticed the incorrect spelling I would never rule a WG out on that aspect

To be honest though I have noticed the incorrect spelling I would never rule a WG out on that aspect

I suppose it depends on whether you want to fuck them, or play scrabble.

Strip Scrabble first?

Just because we're blokes doesn't mean we can't multi-task

*sigh*

If you wish to start a thread about the awful state of Education today, do so in the OFF-TOPIC section and leave out the constant mentions of the other site, please.