Tarquin

Have I "Lost It"?

173 posts in this topic

A few days ago I text ( texts allowed) a WG who is a member on here ( I might add it was the first girl on here that I really would have liked to meet.),with what I thought was a humourous approach to what she has on her website. I was up for for a really good night of fun, and it was virtually on her doorstep. I never even got a reply! ;)

A few days ago I text ( texts allowed) a WG who is a member on here,with what I thought was a humourous approach to what she has on her website. I was up for for a really good night of fun, and it was virtually on her doorstep. I never even got a reply! ;)

She could well have been unable to respond straight away. If time has elapsed she may then have been unable to reply, i.e. considered the time difference too great to risk a reply.

I would personally be very very nervous about replying to a text that had been receieved more than half hour earlier. I would however pick up the phone to the texter for up to a few hours after, depending on the time of day (at least they can blag a wrong number) but even this has a time limit.

I cannot answer for her or anyone else but perhaps the humour did not come over properly in the text. Texts lack any form of expression and what may seem humurous to you may well come across differently to the person reading it depending on their frame of mind at the time

did u txt usn txtspk mb???

A few days ago I text ( texts allowed) a WG who is a member on here ( I might add it was the first girl on here that I really would have liked to meet.),with what I thought was a humourous approach to what she has on her website. I was up for for a really good night of fun, and it was virtually on her doorstep. I never even got a reply! ;)

Humour is verboten where money is concerned.

If you tell us what your text said, we may be able to tell you how we would have read it...

Humour is verboten where money is concerned.

Wish there was a smiley for that! Love it!

hay hun i got sumfink 2 pt in 2 u txt bk if u up 4 it i am hrny 2nit im trqun frm pnet trst me im no timwstr

If you tell us what your text said, we may be able to tell you how we would have read it...

I'd love to, and no doubt I will in due course, coz I don't hold back and have to tell all ( didn't you know!).On reflection it was a little blunt, but in keeping with how the lady portrays herself, and I thought the humourous part of my text which directly attributed to part of her "about me" was well acceptable.

hay hun i got sumfink 2 pt in 2 u txt bk if u up 4 it i am hrny 2nit im trqun frm pnet trst me im no timwstr

Tarquin was not mentioned.

I'd love to, and no doubt I will in due course,....

You're waiting for me to beg, right?

;)

You're waiting for me to beg, right?

;)

No, :), I will tell, if I deem it necessary, or even PM you if you swear not to make it public.

Now you are just stoking our curiosity.

I for one am now dying to know what the text said

did u txt usn txtspk mb???

Anyone using text speak should be hung upside down under Tower Bridge by the testicles, one ball attached to each side and then the bridge raised!!!!

Now you are just stoking our curiosity.

I for one am now dying to know what the text said

Ok, let me say this, of all the ladies on here "she" is in the top 5 of that I respect, I never thought I would want to see her her on a proffessional basis, but for some reason I had the urge. I do not want to suggest anything negative towards her, as I'm sure she is a lovely lady.

Anyone using text speak should be hung upside down under Tower Bridge by the testicles, one ball attached to each side and then the bridge raised!!!!

It wasn't text speak, she is of mature status, infact more mature than I would normally chose, but through seeing her posts here and PM's I had a certrain "desire".

Whoa, that sounds well crucial, init.

She could well have been unable to respond straight away. If time has elapsed she may then have been unable to reply, i.e. considered the time difference too great to risk a reply.

I would personally be very very nervous about replying to a text that had been receieved more than half hour earlier. I would however pick up the phone to the texter for up to a few hours after, depending on the time of day (at least they can blag a wrong number) but even this has a time limit.

Yes, I did say was it too late to book an" apointment for tonight," , I would have thought I might have received a reply at some point saying something like, "yes, sorry it was too late, how about ?".

Texts are a totally unreliable method of communication, I received on the other day that been sent 20 hour before, I knew what time I received it and ccould see what time it was sent. Best to ring really, you are eventually going to have to speak if you actually meet up, so long as it is a sensible time why not do so?

Texts are a totally unreliable method of communication, I received on the other day that been sent 20 hour before, I knew what time I received it and ccould see what time it was sent. Best to ring really, you are eventually going to have to speak if you actually meet up, so long as it is a sensible time why not do so?

I understand that, however she accepts texts, and there was no misunderstanding as to the day/time that I was asking for.

of all the ladies on here "she"

LOL

I just got it

You didn't really did you?!?! It's like trying to catch a unicorn...

Perhaps she was busy and didn't reply back because she didn't know if it was a good time to reply. I know that if it was me I would respond if I read it as soon as I recieved it but if I didn't read it until later I wouldn't want to put the gentlemen in a compromising position as I would worry he would be with his wife or something like that.

LOL

I just got it

You didn't really did you?!?! It's like trying to catch a unicorn...

WHAT?;)

Perhaps she was busy and didn't reply back because she didn't know if it was a good time to reply. I know that if it was me I would respond if I read it as soon as I recieved it but if I didn't read it until later I wouldn't want to put the gentlemen in a compromising position as I would worry he would be with his wife or something like that.

Surely if someone Texts you, then you assume it's ok to text back, don't you?

NO.

Not if I don't see the text until later.

WHAT?;)

Surely if someone Texts you, then you assume it's ok to text back, don't you?

Only if like Sarita said its within 30 minutes of recieving the text, like I said I would hate to text back later on when the guy was at home and unless you say its ok to text back anytime we don't know Petal.

L x