Laura MacKenzie

Aberdeen

9 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of setting up a tour to Aberdeen but was wondering if anyone had heard of what was going on there recently? Are the police still kicking girls out of their hotels?

Cheers!

I'm thinking of setting up a tour to Aberdeen but was wondering if anyone had heard of what was going on there recently? Are the police still kicking girls out of their hotels?

Cheers!

Why not send a PM to TonyofStoney, he seems to know the Granite City well enough?

It all seems to have gone quiet. Amy Vergnes toured there recently and I don't think she had any problems.

Quite possibly, the police didn't anticipate the fuss and letter writing that they're actions caused and have now decided to wind their necks in...

Why not send a PM to TonyofStoney, he seems to know the Granite City well enough?

I work in Aberdeen but most of my activity's away from home. If anyone knows the current position up here it'll be MelanieABZ.

Could someone fill me in here please. What actually happened? l tour and really dont relish the thought of the police turfing me out my hotel room.

Could someone fill me in here please. What actually happened? l tour and really dont relish the thought of the police turfing me out my hotel room.

This is the original thread to which Laura is referring:

http://www.punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29761&highlight=aberdeen

If any ladies here are members of Albaladies.com it would be worth you checkig the Ladies Forum, as I'm sure that would have up to dsate info on any concerns in the Aberdeen area.

I know someone who spoke to the 2 officers concerned. The info I have is:

The officers were trying to find out who is working in Aberdeen, and give advice. The fact that a girl was chucked out of her hotel was not at their request, it was the decision of the hotel manager. They said they were not out to stop anyone working legally, and were actually advising girls to get flats, rather than working from hotels or serviced apartments, due to almost all of them having contracts with large oil companies who may withdraw their business as a result. They were directed to the thread on here and asked to post a response, but apparently its Grampian Police's policy not to post on, or join sites like PN.

If the hotel asks for the assistance of the police to have a guest leave, they really haven't a choice but assist if they're there anyway. I have no info on who identified the girl to the hotel, be it police, punter, or the girl's activities.

I know a former officer from Grampian Police. His opinion is that they are pretty tolerant of legal working, but absolutely against trafficking, involvement of pimps or drug dealers, etc. (any illegal stuff basically).

Don't forget, the police have no power to kick anyone out of a hotel, only the management can do that. Even of a crime has been committed, they can only arrest the suspect, they cant have them banned from the premises without a court order.

I cant see many problems for Laura, but best to check with some others before setting anything up.

Thanks for that info would love to visit Aberdeen soon Annaxx