Tarquin

8 posts in this topic

I have championed Skype since time begun, I have several accounts with Skype, including Online numbers, Skypeout etc, but today I'm pissed off with them. As they don't have a mobile download available for my HTC I've been using the FRING app. Now Skype have blocked Fring. There is the Nimbuzz app, but its crap, anyone know of any other App that supports Skype?

Seems no one else uses Skype on their phone.......however the situation remains the same that Skype have yet to make their system available for the HTC Desire, but hooray I've found an app that suports it and it works really well for MSN, Google, Yahoo mesengers aswell.

Android.imo.im

Seems no one else uses Skype on their phone.......however the situation remains the same that Skype have yet to make their system available for the HTC Desire, but hooray I've found an app that suports it and it works really well for MSN, Google, Yahoo mesengers aswell.

Android.imo.im

I use Skype ut on Iphone & Nokia E72 which were preloaded

I use Skype ut on Iphone & Nokia E72 which were preloaded

Presumably you are on the 3 Network?

Yes I used to use Skype on my Nokia via Fring but since I now too have the HTC Hero it's not possible which is a pain. It seems that Skype are bringing out there own version of Skype mobile later this year ... so we will see. There is loads of discussions about the current situation .. was it Skype or Fring? etc

Yes I used to use Skype on my Nokia via Fring but since I now too have the HTC Hero it's not possible which is a pain. It seems that Skype are bringing out there own version of Skype mobile later this year ... so we will see. There is loads of discussions about the current situation .. was it Skype or Fring? etc

Well until they get around to it try this: Android.imo.im , it works realy well on my Desire.

Well until they get around to it try this: Android.imo.im , it works realy well on my Desire.

Thanks .. I never heard of this before. It looks Fring-like ... I am surprised it has Skype on there - I thought it was Skype themselves who forced Fring to remove it! I would have thought it was the same with this ...

Cheers

Thanks .. I never heard of this before. It looks Fring-like ... I am surprised it has Skype on there - I thought it was Skype themselves who forced Fring to remove it! I would have thought it was the same with this ...

Cheers

Yes I thought so too, maybe they haven't caught up with imo yet :-) .