roadie

Parlours for sale

15 posts in this topic

There seems to be a run of people selling up massage parlours recently.

There is currently one for sale in Bridgewater (Somerset) and another in Oldham.

There was a third one (can't remember location) but that has either sold or been withdrawn from sale.

Is this unusual? I've never before seen a parlour for sale until these 3 all in the past 3 weeks.

Are people getting scared of police raids, or is it just coincidence?

Out of interest, how do you get to know that these parlours being for sale? I would've thought that such offers/transactions (change of ownership of parlours) would be very discreet and done between insiders?

One was listed in an online businesses for sale website, 2 are currently listed on ebay. Can give you the item numbers if you like.

An established house in Amsterdam was put up for sale over a year ago. Not sure if it sold, but the asking price was a cool 1 million euros...

Parlours for sale on Ebay!? Jesus Christ on a bike. :eek:

Some parlours change hands on a regular basis. I was offered a parlour about 6 years ago and since then it's changed hands a couple more times. It's the sort of biz that looks attractive at the outset but running it can be a completely different ball game.

:eek:

2 are currently listed on ebay.

Item condition......Used.

:P:D:D:D:D

:P

Item condition......Used.

Wonder if the seller has friends bidding up the price... :eek:

Wonder how you advertise a parlour? Are the girls included? Or are they sold seperatly? Do you get all the towels, beds sheets, clocks, etc. too?

I found the Bridgwater one on Ebay. No details provided but a Buy -it-Now price of £20,000.

I did also find a McCoys guide to Massage Parlours 2000-2001 being sold by a book company with feedback of over 76,000. The Buy-it -Now price is £166.97 :eek:. Assuming that it's not an error, if you've got one at home gathering dust, you might want to consider not chucking it out. Who knows - it might be valuable. For the life of me I can't see why. McCoys guides are usually well out of date even when they first come out.

Blimey! Now there's a thread.

It took me years of changing my mind to finally sell Madam Becky's. It's not a good time to have a parlour these days, although may be the new government have better things to worry about. Who knows?

They are normally bought by one of the girls, as in my case Crystal or someone local who knows the game. They're not worth much, and normally earn more than they're worth... if that makes sense?

I've very glad to be out of it, and avoided going to jail ( so far). It's nice not to spend you life looking over your shoulder.

So, if you're thinking of buying an agency, you may get more pleasure and peace of mind from sticking your head in a bucket of bees.

Madam Becky.

PS. Now comedy blogging www.madambecky.wordpress.com

I've always been intrigued by this.... wanted to interview that woman who ran Body 1 on Baker Street, with the hope that she'd have enough hilarious material to write a book of (I'm sure it's there...), but could never quite build up the courage...

Last time I saw her was just after the Thai folk had taken it over and she happened to have dropped in to pick up her mail - why oh why didn't I ask? That lady as pure gold

I have total admiration for the folk (mostly the women) who run parlors, agencies, houses and stuff - you're cast of iron, yet have hearts of molten gold - and the world sees only a wee slice of all of the levels of life that you engage with on a regular basis...

Wurd

In my days of punting before medical reasons made me give it up, there were some very rough places in Bridgewater, so no goodwill with some of them.

If I wanted to know what the deal was down there, I'd go to Cleos and ask Katie.

The Bridgwater one is quite easy to find on ebay, the other one on there is not listed as a massage parlour so is slightly harder to find: The EXECUTIVE LOUNGE MASSAGE CENTRE, OLDHAM. Item number: 300446330408

Basicly Parlours are worthless, why would anyone pay money for a business that maybe closed up tomorrow? the last one I know of went for 2k, peanuts, I know of another place that in January will be taken over for nothing at all!

So whats a Parlour worth? what are its assests? website and phone number and goodwill perhaps, the good old days have gone. Far better to start from fresh, all you lose then is your start up costs, rent ect.

A freehold of a premises in South London which used to be a Parlour was on the market a month ago but it was sold as a redevelopement site, that was up for 280k, I know someone who was after it but its now going to be a new block of flats.

one of the big problems is it would be impossible to stop the vendor setting up in competition after they have had sold the old one.