flouch

The government now knows you're all punters

42 posts in this topic

They will know that Watersports Instructor has an interest- but do they know who the Watersports Instructor is ?

They will know that Watersports Instructor has an interest- but do they know who the Watersports Instructor is ?

Probably!..........

Who cares? Now, if this was an illegal activity and worth following up then it might be worrying.

Surely this is for our own protection against crime and terrorism.

Yeah, of course it is. :o

We just have to trust the government to store the information carefully and use it sensitively.

Yeah , of course it will.:mad:

Surely this is for our own protection against crime and terrorism. We just have to trust the government to store the information carefully and use it sensitively.

Sort of "Trust me I'm a politician"?

Sort of "Trust me I'm a politician"?

Th same politicians who abuse their expenses -if not illegally, at least morally??

Who cares? Now, if this was an illegal activity and worth following up then it might be worrying.

If punting was made illegal, would you stop?

Surely this is for our own protection against crime and terrorism. We just have to trust the government to store the information carefully and use it sensitively.

Yep, just like the Terrorism Act hasn't been used to suppress peaceful protest...

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear, eh? :o

That's going to be a staggering amount of data.

And I don't see how you could track website use through the increasing number of Wi-Fi "Hotspots" - ?

Or, what if it's my neighbour, or someone outside in the street, using my unencrypted Wireless Broadband to access sites?

If punting was made illegal, would you stop?

You might be drawn to the conclusion that I would not but I could not possibly confirm or deny it.............................:o:rolleyes::mad:

If you've posted on this site from today, the UK government knows you maintain an interest in punting...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/personal-web-data-to-be-stored-for-a-year-1662237.html

I can't decide whether that is a good or a bad thing. I think reaching conclusion requires careful consideration and I don't have all the facts in hand to decide. However I know:

- I do not mind being identified if I am placing something in the public domain.

- I do not want people reading the content of my correspondence without justification

- I do not want information about me being disclosed to public

- I do not want to be ridiculed for my lawful actions

- I do not want any harm to come to me as a result of lack of any control on internet

If you've posted on this site from today, the UK government knows you maintain an interest in punting...

im busted then...oh diddams:o:eek::o

in Asia this already goes on, punishment can be death if you moan about politics or royalty in a so called private email!!

so we can all be happy this is not there??

xxx

There are some who say that this already been existence...Today is

merely the 'rubber stamp'

Exactly. I quote from the article:

Communications data plays a vital part in a wide range of criminal investigations. Without communications data, resolving crimes such as the Rhys Jones murder would be very difficult if not impossible."

So it's already been happening as they solved that murder back in October....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/personal-web-data-to-be-stored-for-a-year-1662237.html

Well sort of. They know an IP address has visited this website, but unless they take the time to ask the ISP to match the IP address to the user then they wont. And i dont think they're gonna be bothered about that

IIRC they dont collect content you have posted, just your browsing history

The point is to keep us "Not There".

Not just now, but in the future.

The "It's keeping me safe from Crime & terrorists, so i don't mind giving up a little bit of freedom" really is the pits as an argument.

Crime is No worse than it ever was, in fact less.

You just think there's more as the press & TV are so fired so many real journalists & have & rely on police statements to fill the time.

The individual risk from random lunacy (political & religious) is pretty minimal, if medium in that somebody will inevitably end up in the wrong place.

They can only trace the machine's used and will not be able to prove who is using it.

If the law gets passed I will not talk about payment - what payment?

I'm not doing anything illegal by visiting this forum and actually find it hard to get excited about "the government" having records that I do so.

What does piss me off though is the government's absolute inability to keep data secure. Mark my words, one day we could all have our names and addresses plastered all over the News of the World ;)

I'm not doing anything illegal by visiting this forum and actually find it hard to get excited about "the government" having records that I do so.

What does piss me off though is the government's absolute inability to keep data secure. Mark my words, one day we could all have our names and addresses plastered all over the News of the World ;)

Very true. There is no such thing as privacy anymore. At a drop of a hat "they" are able to do what "they" want, and call it anti terrorism reasons. We live in an unelected dictatorship since old misery guts took over.;)

They can only trace the machine's used and will not be able to prove who is using it.

If the law gets passed I will not talk about payment - what payment?

They dont store any data like that do they? Even emails they dont store the content

The data stored does not include the content of e-mails or a recording of a net phone call, but is used to determine connections between individuals.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7985339.stm

I guess Jackie Smiths husband will be more worried than anyone,,lol!!!

Free speech ftw.

Well there is freenet but many would argue using something that is annoymous indicates you have something to hide. Maybe in the future we wont be able to post a valentines card without it being opened, read, scanned and logged into some database. Or am I just paranoid

Very true. There is no such thing as privacy anymore. At a drop of a hat "they" are able to do what "they" want, and call it anti terrorism reasons. We live in an unelected dictatorship since old misery guts took over.;)

This surveilance society we live in has been in the making for a long time, I dont think we can blame a particular politician or even government since the home office seems to be behind this.

They dont store any data like that do they? Even emails they dont store the content

This data is obviously processed by computers suppose a email throws up a red light and is flagged. If they cannot see the message body then the systems flawed from the start.