Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lxfmet

Sending messages as new user

7 posts in this topic

Just sent a PM but it didn't show up in my sent items straight away. I know my first 10 forum posts need to get approved by a mod, does that apply to PMs too?

Hey,

I have a similar problem. What is more, my first post was never published for some reason...

Could someone please help us newbies out?

You have to set your PM preferences to auto-save your sent pm's. It's under User CP > Options.

I also thought, however, that probationary members couldnt send pm's - I might be wrong about that though.

axonndavid according to your stats you have made two posts and both are showing.

You have to set your PM preferences to auto-save your sent pm's. It's under User CP > Options.

I also thought, however, that probationary members couldnt send pm's - I might be wrong about that though.

axonndavid according to your stats you have made two posts and both are showing.

Unless it has changed, probationary members can send PM's, but they cannot send them as frequently as "normal" posters (an anti-spam measure).

Probationary members posts go through pre-mod, they have to be approved by a mod before they appear, how quickly that happens depends on mod availability - anything from a few minutes to a few hours - sometimes longer if things need checking. If a pre-mod post does not appear at all, a mod has probably deleted it, usually because it has not met posting rules, mods don't usually have time to tell everyone about posts that get deleted, unless you have done something bad :confused:.

Hope that clarifies a bit.

Unless it has changed, probationary members can send PM's, but they cannot send them as frequently as "normal" posters (an anti-spam measure).

Probationary members posts go through pre-mod, they have to be approved by a mod before they appear, how quickly that happens depends on mod availability - anything from a few minutes to a few hours - sometimes longer if things need checking. If a pre-mod post does not appear at all, a mod has probably deleted it, usually because it has not met posting rules, mods don't usually have time to tell everyone about posts that get deleted, unless you have done something bad :confused:.

Hope that clarifies a bit.

Ive done bad things, like seeing hookers.

does that mean my posts will be deleted?

Kinky , only if they are those kind of hookers ....don't you say it , please don't say it , don't say ....:confused:

Thanks everyone for your explanations.