highflyer

Will Surrey Advertiser ever advertise those classifieds again!

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering, since the all righteous Harriett Harperson pressured many local papers in different counties to stop advertising those well loved classifieds, with a new more liberal government, will we ever return to seeing them in print again.??

if advertising revenue falls, then those papers may decide to take personal ads again, the personals were a good money spinner as they were charged at a premium rate compared to other ads,be interesting what excuses will be given from the papers who cited moral reasons for stopping personals

I stand to be corrected but I understand the Surrey Advertiser and related papers was sold recently so anything is possible.

Having said that how a paper that shunned the industry would go about accepting such adds again I have no idea.

Having said that how a paper that shunned the industry would go about accepting such adds again I have no idea.

With a heavy heart and an open wallet I would imagine.

As I recall the Surrey Advertiser was a broadsheet. My local edition only occasionally had one or two line adverts per issue. The Surrey Herald - which ran the story of the Weybridge brothel - and its associated Informer free newspaper still carry adverts. Varies from issue to issue - the Staines Informer seemed to have the most. Because it is near the airport?