Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Art Issue

Franck Riberry's trouble

14 posts in this topic

So thejudge thinks Riberry has a case to answer regarding his having sex with an underage prostitute. She claimed she was 20 but was 17 at the time.

Think that is why I prefer to see slightly older girls.

So thejudge thinks Riberry has a case to answer regarding his having sex with an underage prostitute. She claimed she was 20 but was 17 at the time.

Think that is why I prefer to see slightly older girls.

I note his fellow player Karim Benzema was also put under judicial investigation, as part of an investigation into an alleged under-age prostitution ring.

Must be a relief to French people to know that their justice system is concentrating on what really matters to ordinary people. Robbery, assult, muggings ... oh yeah and famous footballers paying a load of cash to have sex with a girl who has breasts like melons, looks about 25 and if she'd done it for free then it would have been legal. Like I say, the really important stuff.

Must be a relief to French people to know that their justice system is concentrating on what really matters to ordinary people. Robbery, assult, muggings ... oh yeah and famous footballers paying a load of cash to have sex with a girl who has breasts like melons, looks about 25 and if she'd done it for free then it would have been legal. Like I say, the really important stuff.

So you're saying statutory rape of a minor is ok? The law is the law......illegal to pay a girl for sex if under 18........no ifs....or buts..............

So you're saying statutory rape of a minor is ok? The law is the law......illegal to pay a girl for sex if under 18........no ifs....or buts..............

For you this is a black and white case. I wonder if you'd change your tune if it was you on the receiving end of this.

Whilst I have little time for overpaid footballers, this to me is a case of very bad luck for Ribery.

It's not statutory rape, that's an American term for starters, and whilst it is illegal the girl clearly looked older - she even has breast implants for god's sake...now personally I would have thought that pretty much guaranteed she was over 18. But I guess in Morocco which is where she's from they don't care. She lied to them when asked, and clearly has no regrets, and is probably still working now she's over 18. What impact mens rea has in French law I don't know but in this country he almost certainly wouldn't be facing charges.

in this country he almost certainly wouldn't be facing charges.

Paying for sex with someone under 18 is an offence in the UK whatever the circumstances so charges may well have been brought here. It is up to the court to decide on mitigating circumstances.

Paying for sex with someone under 18 is an offence in the UK whatever the circumstances so charges may well have been brought here. It is up to the court to decide on mitigating circumstances.

Paying for sexual services of a child .(1)

A person (A) commits an offence if

My first thought when I saw this thread was that he was unlucky and would probably get off by the jury's verdict.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7899910/France-striker-Franck-Ribery-charged-with-soliciting-an-underage-prostitute.html

However The Caf

This thread is meaningless without pics.

A couple of relevant points/paragraphs below.....

The players were detained as part of an investigation into claims the Zaman Caf