typhoot

Anyone seen this

9 posts in this topic

Who knows how many girls there are in this situation. IMO though, even one is too many.

I don't see anything wrong with giving guidance to Landlords on the signs to look out for.

No, I don't either, but I do dislike this sort of one-sided advocacy. I have a strong suspicion that the majority of trafficked people are not in the sex-industry atall, but are slaving away in agriculture, harvesting fruit and veg!

they've a facebook page as well,left some information for them to read but i've a feeling my comment will get deleted

On purpleteardrop's website, under Facts, I did especially enjoy:

Many sex tours explicitly feature young girls. The tours are marketed specifically to paedophiles who prey on young children, and men who believe that having sex with virgins or young girls will cure STDs. Often, these men spread HIV and other STDs to their young victims, creating localized disease epidemics

Where on earth is the evidence for this 'Fact'? It is occasionally asserted (accurately or not) that some of the rural poor in Africa believe that sex with a virgin will cure HIV and these seems to have been a similar view about classical STDs in Georgian England. Extremely wrong, tragic and foolish of course, but where on earth is the evidence that clients of sex tours to e.g Bangkok believe such nonsense?

Anyone who publishes such obvious drivel as 'Fact' is suspect in my book.

it seems to me that the purple teardrop campaign,looking at the prices being charged for badges,cds and the like,and of course asking for donations- its just a money making racket using emotional blackmail

tessa who publishes the blog seems to have got fed up with people correcting her statistics,so much so that no more comments are being accepted,in her words "it does'nt matter whether its 10,000 or a 100 "

oh i see,exaggerate a problem with statistics,then when the statistics are wrong simply say never mind the statistics we have a problem

tessa who publishes the blog seems to have got fed up with people correcting her statistics,so much so that no more comments are being accepted,in her words "it does'nt matter whether its 10,000 or a 100 "

oh i see,exaggerate a problem with statistics,then when the statistics are wrong simply say never mind the statistics we have a problem

Surely it does matter if you are soliciting donations from the public on the strength of your assertions, or don't the laws on misrepresentation applies to charities?

in her words "it does'nt matter whether its 10,000 or a 100 "

Except when it is with reference to the size of a donation.