smiths

Truth Or Fantasy?

51 posts in this topic

Does it make any difference to you that threads and posts are made up, i assume for entertainment value or maybe so the posters get the attention they i again assume require?

So what i am asking is should this forum feature punters and WGs real experiences only or does it matter to you if what some post is fantasy and made up?

I am of course aware that in most cases there is no way of knowing who is definately posting fact from fiction.

I take most if not all posts with a pinch of salt, however when a poster can back up certain information via Pm's it restores my faith.

Btw, was there a particular Thread or Post that prompted this Thread?

If they state it is a fantasy or just a hypothetical situation then I have no problem with it as I can respond in the right way.

What I cannot stand though is those who are total fantasists and make up complete bollocks to try and gain sympathy or praise from other posters.

Certain posters, who just constantly make up increasingly silly posts, are ultimately very irritating and eventually their own foolishness gets them in bother.

But others who clearly embellish for the sake of good humour are fine and more power to their elbows.

i expect all posts to be truth not fantasy,though there is a certain amount of gilding of the lily:)

i expect all posts to be truth not fantasy,though there is a certain amount of gilding of the lily:)

Really Clark? I have come to believe a select few posters to purely post fantasy or as I prefer to put it "lies".

Does it make any difference to you that threads and posts are made up

Considering that all my posts are made up, then not really.

ALL 9068 of them?!;)

ALL 9068 of them?!;)

Every one.

ALL 9068 of them?!;)

Thats an over active imagination!

Every one.

Well knock me down with a feather.

Really Clark? I have come to believe a select few posters to purely post fantasy or as I prefer to put it "lies".

Oh John I'm warming to you, I love men who tells it how it really is ;)

Oh John I'm warming to you, I love men who tells it how it really is ;)

See what I mean - more fantasy!

SaSfan is right and so are all are posts.;)

http://www.punternet.com/

quote "...This website is intended for entertainment purposes only. The contributions by members are intended only as an exercise in creative writing and are not meant to be taken seriously..."

Pisses me off most royally, since you ask. Particularly when it's plainly done to enable someone to keep their name on the front page and draw attention to themselves.

When you say made up do you mean made up by you and then what you post is true as you see it, or made up as in total fiction and nothing you post is true and never has been?

Pisses me off most royally

How very apt.

Does it make any difference to you that threads and posts are made up, i assume for entertainment value or maybe so the posters get the attention they i again assume require?

I am of course aware that in most cases there is no way of knowing who is definately posting fact from fiction.

I am probably fairly slow to recognise a fake post and think some of the female posters are good monitors of balderdash, as well as certain male posters too of course.

But given your last sentence, what would you do about it?

Pisses me off most royally, since you ask. Particularly when it's plainly done to enable someone to keep their name on the front page and draw attention to themselves.

I cannot possibly guess to whom you were referring. ;)

When you say made up do you mean made up by you and then what you post is true as you see it, or made up as in total fiction and nothing you post is true and never has been? or ever will be.*

* My addition.

A combination of both, plus a generous helping of blatant lies.

When you say made up do you mean made up by you and then what you post is true as you see it, or made up as in total fiction and nothing you post is true and never has been?

So glad YOU asked that one.

I am probably fairly slow to recognise a fake post and think some of the female posters are good monitors of balderdash, as well as certain male posters too of course.

But given your last sentence, what would you do about it?

Thereare only two options - ignore it our poke fun at it!

SaSfan is right and so are all are posts.;)

http://www.punternet.com/

quote "...This website is intended for entertainment purposes only. The contributions by members are intended only as an exercise in creative writing and are not meant to be taken seriously..."

I assume thats used as a disclaimer. So when you have posted, what you have posted about has never been true as you see it, but has been purely made up fiction?

So what i am asking is should this forum feature punters and WGs real experiences only or does it matter to you if what some post is fantasy and made up?

I am of course aware that in most cases there is no way of knowing who is definately postingfact from fiction.

Yes I would say it is difficult to know sometimes ..............I would say it matters but generally speaking this is mainly a sex forum and with that you are bound to get posters bragging/over elaborating etc,.................

It wouldn't take long for poster to become an 'irritation' to other posters or 'slip up' in posts that are over the top, 'elaborated', or 'contadict' themselfs on certain things or fantasy.

I think you have to read between the lines and I just generally go with my 'gut instict' on what I think is right, it is surprising that even from a couple of posts you can get/ pick up some kind of 'persona' from a poster to know a little of what their 'personality' may be like.

Yes I would say it is difficult to know sometimes ..............I would say it matters but generally speaking this is mainly a sex forum and with that you are bound to get posters bragging/over elaborating etc,.................

It wouldn't take long for poster to become an 'irritation' to other posters or 'slip up' in posts that are over the top, 'elaborated', or 'contadict' themselfs on certain things or fantasy.

I think you have to read between the lines and I just generally go with my 'gut instict' on what I think is right, it is surprising that even from a couple of posts you can get/ pick up some kind of 'persona' from a poster to know a little of what their 'personality' may be like.

It is a cry for attention and I suppose they're trying to make up for what else is lacking in there lives. Fantasy I suppose is harmless; spite, baiting and other idiotic negativity helps no one and like I've said before is often used by people hiding behind the priviledge of anonymity (that I'll emphasise the majority of ladies here do not have) can cause a lot of upset and potentially ruin the good hearted and lively community of a board like this.

Best thing is, not to rise to it but that's not always easy, particularly when it's aimed at some you respect or care about.

Saying all that, I think it helps if the points expressed are from the person's true experience.