lou4fun

Would you take a cheque

55 posts in this topic

I received an email today from a guy who had placed a reverse booking on a well known site asking me to take a look. I have never viewed these before so curiosity got the better of me and I had a look see. What did strike me as strange was the payment method.

Meet Duration: 10hrs

Prepared to Pay: 2000 GBP

Looking for a: Female

Type: Outcall

Town: HuhHuhHuh?

Post Code: HuhHuhHuh?

Comments

hello there,

PLZ READ VERY CAREFULLY

i am after alot of fun for the night. i am actually after 2 bi-ladies to join me so dont bid if your not prepared to interact with another lady.

i am prepared to pay alot for this as i am after alot of fun. the exact day is yet to be decided but both winning bids will be accepted aug bank holiday weekend.

also, as i am prepared to pay alot, the only payment method will be by cheque. i am very genuwine and honest, plz read my feed back if you have doubts. prepared to pay is for each sexy lady aswell

At least you know he is genuwine

You are joking aren't you?

No way.

This is an obvious scam -as you well know ;)

I take cheques from no-one except family and I would not recommend accepting a cheque to anyone.

I take cheques from no-one except family and I would not recommend accepting a cheque to anyone.

I'd take a cheque a month in advance, and bank it immediately, in a spare account! Then I'd withdraw it as soon as cleared, and deposit it in my good account. There may be bankers among us (real bankers, not city spivs) who can say that after clearance, a cheque can still be reversed? If so, I'd be interested to learn more...

i thought cheques were obsolete havent written one for bloody years dont even think i would know how to

im pretty sure it can be - you can rush through a check on clearance and the money goes into your account but there have been numerous scams along the lines of fake cheques stolen cheques ect where although you get the money first it can still bounce and your left overdrawn with your bank account

I'd take a cheque a month in advance, and bank it immediately, in a spare account! Then I'd withdraw it as soon as cleared, and deposit it in my good account. There may be bankers among us (real bankers, not city spivs) who can say that after clearance, a cheque can still be reversed? If so, I'd be interested to learn more...

Looks like a v strange reverse bid IMHO - the price for a 2-girl o/night seems & given prevailing prices & the only other non-cash payment mechanism I have ever seen girls there accept is PayPal?

Whenever I reverse bid it is always cash :-)

Cheques usually take 4.5 days to clear, but can take longer. You can pay a fee for special presentation when you pay in the chq, usually about 15 quid, which means you get an answer within about 24 hours if the chq will clear or not.

Chq's can take more than 4.5 days to clear though, as its a complicated process, so sometimes it will be shown in your account as cleared but however it isn't and funds can be withdrawn by the bank if it bounces. So if you aren't 100% sure if the chq will clear then you are best waiting 10 days before using the funds.

On a good note, least it wasnt a USD chq, you have been blessed with not hearing about how they go through clearing!!!

Damn, and i was so sure that E mail would work, oh well back to the drawing board.

Maybe we could start a book on how high it would bounce...;)

You are joking aren't you?

No way.

This is an obvious scam -as you well know ;)

All I know is I received this email;

hi there

you look amazing ;)

i have a reverse booking going, have a look and let me know what you think.

I had a look and its got 23 bids.

the exact day is yet to be decided but both winning bids will be accepted aug bank holiday weekend.

+

wants to pay by cheque

+

2000 for 10 hours

does lead one to think all is not as it should be:rolleyes: unfortunately 23 people cant see it

I received an email today from a guy who had placed a reverse booking on a well known site asking me to take a look. I have never viewed these before so curiosity got the better of me and I had a look see. What did strike me as strange was the payment method.

At least you know he is genuwine

I can't believe that the e-mailer thinks that there are two WGs in the country who would fall for this !

The only cheque anyone should be tempted with where this offer is concerned is of the rain variety (if you'll forgive the spelling twist).

That cheque would probably be cancelled the morning before the booking started, and who has a guarantee card to cover 2,000, not many people.

Dont go near him Laura, unless he is prepared to give you the cheque, wait for it to clear and then have the booking on clearance day, bet he changes his mind super quick lol.Or better still, take him to one of those shops that cashes cheques on the day, then make sure he pays the cash to make up the shortfall from the shops fee.xx

I would report him as a scammer by the way, it has been definatley decided that scammers should be named and shamed on here by the guys lol., report him to the ** site.xx

Definitely not a chance I would take a cheque, my views are the same as everyone else's its a scam. You know the old saying if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.;)

Shelly

Think to your self. Why would this bloke not be able to pay cash?

Most people can withdraw £2000 from a cashpoint if they have sufficient funds.

If not you just go in a branch of your bank and get cash.

One thing the bloke may be nervy about is the security aspect of having £2000 in cash on him. Or being ripped off. But that is his look out. If you cant afford to lose your punting money, dont punt.

All the above goes for people who wanna pay by credit card or paypal or whatever.

I imagine there could be a bit of fun mileage to be had stringing this scammer along a bit and seeing what else he will come out with. ;)

I had a guy tell me on the way to a long booking that he would be paying by business cheque. He seemed to think I was being very unfair in saying cash only, that he regularly paid members of a well respected advertising site this way. Adding that he would lose reputation at the bank if he were to go around cancelling cheques after writing.

Needless to say I declined. Apparently I don't understand how business banking works!!!!!;)

Although purposely written a dud cheque is a criminal offence, I think any girl would be brave to accept a cheque on the day unless it was from a long term regular who she trusted.

However, if someone wanted to pay by cheque that should be fine. As long as they send it to you a week in advance of the appointment!

Most people can withdraw £2000 from a cashpoint if they have sufficient funds.

If not you just go in a branch of your bank and get cash.

?? what cash points?? I can get £250 out max! I would love to know actually tis a pain having that limit in place!

S x

It's a £350 limit per day at ATMs with my bank, though you can get more cash than that by going into the branch.

I have accepted cheques (and once, an online bank transfer) - from long-term regulars - with no bother, but I wouldn't touch this one with a bargepole. Even at £250 a day, there's time to have £2000 by the August bank holiday.

I had a Russian customer in branch at south Ken one day, wanting to cash 8000 pounds, no appropriate ID. Politely declined, so he said he would take it out of the cashpoint, Ithought no way, but half an hour later he had withdrawn the amount he needed, explaining that he had no limit on his card. To my chagrin he then proceeded to pay it in to another account, so it all had to be recounted, oh well...

I can withdraw £1000 a day from the cash point on my debit card at HSBC

Cheques are always a no go as is Paypal. With paypal the payee has 45 days in which he can claim 'the goods were not delivered' and ask for a refund. Unfortunately Paypal normally takes the side of the payee and gives this refund. The best way is to have a pre paid credit card (no ID needed so can use your working name). Give him the details and he can transfer the money onto the card via online banking.

That way he doesnt have to carry money around and you can be ensured of being paid without giving your bank details. Simples....

Cheques are always a no go as is Paypal. With paypal the payee has 45 days in which he can claim 'the goods were not delivered' and ask for a refund. Unfortunately Paypal normally takes the side of the payee and gives this refund. The best way is to have a pre paid credit card (no ID needed so can use your working name). Give him the details and he can transfer the money onto the card via online banking.

That way he doesnt have to carry money around and you can be ensured of being paid without giving your bank details. Simples....

Thanks for this as my guy who wanted to use a cheque then said he'd pay via paypal. Even more sinister it wasn't going to be a PP to PP transfer, instead he'd give me his credit card details over the phone to use to load funds into my account directly.

Now, how dodgy does that one sound?

Oh and of course the cheque book, guarantee or credit card could all be stolen anyway...........