windomearle

Viewing FR's on a Iphone

11 posts in this topic

Up until a few days ago I was able to view pretty much anything on a IPhone which was very handy - but all of a sudden I seemingly cannot access field reports and get a message banging on about "cookies".

Is this something new and does anyone know how I can get around this? Thanks

I have just tried and can view FRs on my Iphone OK.

Sometimes worth turning the Iphone completely off then restarting - but you've probably already tried this.

Same here. Although I've found my iPhone (a '3GS') unstable since upgrading to the new os4 firmware. Syncing partly sorts some problems for me (like disappearing contacts).

Many of the probs seem to occur without much uniformity judging from the noticeboards. A lot of people get hit with a particular prob and others aren't affected.

Hope you manage to fix it - or get a plan B. You might want to consider downloading a couple of freebie browsers and see if you have more luck than with the native safari (Opera and Atonic are pretty good).

perhaps i shouldn't respond to this, but my 3gs behaves fine after upgrade.

Never tried to view FR's tho.

perhaps i shouldn't respond to this, but my 3gs behaves fine after upgrade.

Never tried to view FR's tho.

I'm really pleased that it does. If we could only work out why yours does and mine doesn't. Though that won't help 3G owners of course. The repeated auto-reboots I can just about live with. I've downloaded apps to cover glitches that may be app related but are more likely upgrade compatibility related. But finding an app to back up my contacts cos the iPhone decides to wipe them - that's when I know Apple are taking the piss.

I'm really pleased that it does. If we could only work out why yours does and mine doesn't. Though that won't help 3G owners of course. The repeated auto-reboots I can just about live with. I've downloaded apps to cover glitches that may be app related but are more likely upgrade compatibility related. But finding an app to back up my contacts cos the iPhone decides to wipe them - that's when I know Apple are taking the piss.

Apple have been taking the piss with their gimcrack bling for longer than I care to remember (at least since the return of the messianic and neo-fascist Steve Jobs and designer Jonathan Ive, and actually from way before that in the days of Mac Classics which crashed when too many keys were pressed at once).

B

Apple have been taking the piss with their gimcrack bling for longer than I care to remember (at least since the return of the messianic and neo-fascist Steve Jobs and designer Jonathan Ive, and actually from way before that in the days of Mac Classics which crashed when too many keys were pressed at once).

B

Yeah but it was nice to believe the fantasy before being sucked in! :rolleyes::eek:;)

Don't know if you already tried it? Go to Settings-Safari and clear history, cookies and cache. After you done that tick "always" in accepting cookies.

Also try to turn the phone in airplane mode, then turn it off. See if its helps.

Thanks for the responses - for some bizarre reason it seems to have cleared itself all of a sudden! Weird!

B

So much anger, so much hate. Go get yourself laid and maybe then things won't seem quite so bad.

You haven't jailbroken it have you? OS updates do screw with jailbroken iPhones.