kiwi69

Hotmail problem...............

8 posts in this topic

I cannot access my Hotmail account as the MSN bastards have come up with some security bullshit ( encrypted ? ) when I try to log on.I get a padlock icon in the lower right corner of the screen that brings up some Microsoft corporate bullshit page if I click on it. Below is the URL I get when I enter www.hotmail.com which brings up the padlock icon.

I used the computer no problem on Sunday, then yesterday morning I went into hotmail and it went tits up very soon after. When I logged on there was a Firefox update. I'm running Firefox 3.6 as my browser

https://login.live.com/ppsecure/post.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1280318367&rver=6.0.5285.0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:%2F%2Fmail.live.com%2Fdefault.aspx&lc=2057&id=64855&mkt=en-gb&bk=1280318370

Any suggestions to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated. Please, keep replies in computer dunce language as I'm well out of my depth here.:D Thanks.

Sorry can't help but I know that Hotmail have changed the layout this week.

Using your link I have no problems and it leads to the log in page for my accounts.

I suppose that you could try another browser. I've never been brave enough to change from IE.

Hopefully somebody more tech minded than both of us will have a better idea.

I don't have an answer, but my commiserations - the Microsoft security bullshit has been doing my head in as well. :D

It's not even as if they offer much in the way of a secure system anyway.

I'm not having any problems at the moment either. Perhaps your cookie setting have been changed?

Try logging into Hotmail either by using Internet Explorer or running Firefox in Private Browsing mode (press CTRL+SHIFT+p to enter Private Browsing) and then report what happens.

(If either or both methods work then it's almost certainly related to your Firefox profile.)

B

not noticing any difference here when i log in .

same old hotmail for me too.

I'm on a mac, so I always use Firefox or Safari - it does seem to be browser sensitive because on safari it always says it can't log out, when of course it does, no problem with Firefox.

Sorry can't help but I know that Hotmail have changed the layout this week.

Using ................................somebody more tech minded than both of us will have a better idea.

First, many thanks to all for your replies. The problem has gone, due I'd say to Hotmail doing their layout "upgrades ?!":mad:, no advice that the system would be down, nothing.

And the new layout is dogshit :) to add insult to injury, just more useless crap to confuse and clutter :D

Whatever happened to the "less is more" and " KISS " principles ? :P

It would appear that not everyone has been afflicted with this yet. I was out for about 30 hours, I only discovered things were back to normal when, in a fit of desperation to access some files, I went to the local computer store to see if they could help, fired it up and ..... all was normal again ! :D:D

I have the utmost respect for those who work with trouble shooting side of computers and retain both their sanity and sense of humor !