ladyofthemansion

Putting prices up.

65 posts in this topic

Have noticed that the prices many WGs charge have remained the same for the last few years. I feel the time is approaching when l should put my rates up though not sure how to set the wheels in motion for that.

Just wondering how ladies do it. Do they give the guys notice or/and keep the old rates for regular customers. The problem l can see with that though is if potential new clients know that some guys are on a lower rate they are going to want the same.

From a guy's point of view, would you be really upset if a lady you have seen on several occasions tells you that she wants more money.

Have noticed prices for every other sort of product and service going up and l feel that us ladies are entitled to do the same at some point to keep in with inflation.

You can charge what ever you want! If you know that you are worth it you'll still be kept busy. Just remember that people are generally pretty hard up (no pun) right now.

What you charge regulars wouldn't need to be the business of anyone else.

The only girl I see states on her page an x amount, however, she actually charges £20.00 more. I wont go into details cos I don't want to sound like i'm moaning. But I still see her when I feel like it!

She'd probably say 'the rates have changed' rather than 'I want more money.' :D

But I think quite a nice ruse is to have a lower rate fir existing regulars - or even new ones - but define a regular however you want, so many bookings in so many months or whatever. If you advertise it as a policy during a price changeover it will soften the blow and you can always do it for a time-limited period.

Downside - more paperwork.

This is a hard one as you will never make everyone happy.

When raising my prices last year I put up a notice a month before hand to let everyone know there would be changes.

When I did put my prices up my best regs (the every week guys) stayed on the same rate as a loyalty bonus. Any new guys who become weekly regs also get the discounted rate after a few months.

Why would guys who see you on the odd occassion even know that your regs pay less. You would have to be stupid to inform them and even if they do find out through some unknown means explain that it is a bonus scheme for those who see you on a weekly basis.

. I feel the time is approaching when l should put my rates up though not sure how to set the wheels in motion for that.

Go to the control panel on your website and select edit, Once selected click on rates.

Change the old rate to the new rate and press save.

Good luck.:D

From a guy's point of view, would you be really upset if a lady you have seen on several occasions tells you that she wants more money.

Have noticed prices for every other sort of product and service going up and l feel that us ladies are entitled to do the same at some point to keep in with inflation.

Inflation is fairly low, so generally prices are rising that quickly. Personally I would probably accept a small increase in rates and wouldn't be upset (but don't tell the ladies I visit regularly)!

Sorry to slightly change the subject but...is it more hassle to put rates up from say £140 to £150 because it means a £10 note is needed and change would normally be required or is this not an issue at all ?

Sorry to slightly change the subject but...is it more hassle to put rates up from say £140 to £150 because it means a £10 note is needed and change would normally be required or is this not an issue at all ?

ATMs always (I think) give you one or two £10 notes, so that shouldn't be a problem. The "donation" should always be to a round ten, I think? Not as in the old days when I started on the path, and it was 2 guineas (the two shillings went to the maid)!

I feel the time is approaching when l should put my rates up though not sure how to set the wheels in motion for that.

If I were you I would wait until the VAT rate increases, it will save having to 2 price changes in a short time period.

Don't think it matters what you charge. Far more important to actually supply the service the client has paid you for. :D

Anyway I thought you'd left?

Don't think it matters what you charge. Far more important to actually supply the service the client has paid you for. :D

Back due to popular demand. :)

Claire, please don't do it! I am very happy that LOTM did not left. :)

Anyway: I doubt that LOTM "watersports" story was totally true, just a little red herring to cause a discussion. I am not saying that it did not happened, just not exactly as she described on the thread, and she did not ripped him off by any means. She always tend to self depreciate herself.

Have noticed that the prices many WGs charge have remained the same for the last few years. I feel the time is approaching when l should put my rates up though not sure how to set the wheels in motion for that.

Just wondering how ladies do it. Do they give the guys notice or/and keep the old rates for regular customers. The problem l can see with that though is if potential new clients know that some guys are on a lower rate they are going to want the same.

How odd, as Claire said i thought you had left even posting a Goodbye To All thread on Off-Topic, what a strange poster you are IMO.

As to putting your prices up, thats up to you but actually offering the services you say you do would be what i would concentrate on doing if i were you, its clear to me you dont think like many other WGs on here who are honest and see that if a punter pays the fee they realise he wants the actual service that fee was for, not to be ripped off with the thinking of what he doesnt know wont hurt him.

If I were you I would wait until the VAT rate increases, it will save having to 2 price changes in a short time period.

Now that is funny. :D:)

How odd, as Claire said i thought you had left even posting a Goodbye To All thread on Off-Topic, what a strange poster you are IMO.

As to putting your prices up, thats up to you but actually offering the services you say you do would be what i would concentrate on doing if i were you, its clear to me you dont think like many other WGs on here who are honest and see that if a punter pays the fee they realise he wants the actual service that fee was for, not to be ripped off with the thinking of what he doesnt know wont hurt him.

Listen Sunshine, I am a woman and am entitled to change my mind so go and pick on a man.

Just to answer your PM direct LOTM, i couldnt care less what you think of me, i have zero respect for you after ripping a punter off and coming on here crowing about it, that tells me all i need to know about you.:D:rolleyes::)

Go to the control panel on your website and select edit, Once selected click on rates.

Change the old rate to the new rate and press save.

Good luck.:D

Well I laughed even if nobody else did. :)

Well I laughed even if nobody else did. :)

Yeah I did too once you pointed it out :D

Just to answer your PM direct LOTM, i couldnt care less what you think of me, i have zero respect for you after ripping a punter off and coming on here crowing about it, that tells me all i need to know about you.:):rolleyes::D

And of course you simply had to make a private message public :P

I honestly don't get why those who obviously cannot stand her feel compelled to read her posts and comment on her threads :D

Grown ups should be able to sort things out in private but of course there are some who get off on this kind of stuff and are at their happiest when airing their 'not so nice' views in public for the world to read. Ah well, whatever floats your boat :D

Back to the OP

Jess, I put my rates up early last year after taking a year out. It was at the time when the credit crunch had taken hold. I emailed my regulars to inform them I had made changes but would keep the rates the same for them. Only one gent took me up on that offer. The rest insisted on paying the new rate. For 7yrs my rates remained the same. It has worked out well for me.

Enoughs enough already, stick to the topic, if you are unable to, dont post.

Back due to popular demand. :D

And we are all the better for it!

Re: Prices....... It's a toughie, but on balance I'd say put them up. Years in retail has taught me that price is NOT the main factor when someone considers a purchase. It's more to with supplying the right product, at the right time and of course a generous helping of customer service. Finances willing, most people will gladly pay £100 per head for a meal that was as decribed on the menu, well cooked, and served well, but conversely moan about a 1.99 cheeseburger thrown across the counter at you by an ignorant McD server.

Also, especially when the economic climate is in the doldrums people do appreciate and somehow feel better about themselves when they pay more than others can go to.

The only person who can decide if you are correct to raise your prices is you.

Search the net and you will find that there are girls advertising and being successful charging £120 or £180 and even (dont read this JRC) £250 per hour.

If a girl wants to increase her charges she has to assess her calls and bookings and decide if by increasing her charges, she is moving to a different level and if she can compete at that level. Only you can know that, not people on here who have never met you.

One other thing, charging regulars at the old rate suggests someone is not confident about their new price. If I were a long time regular of a girl and she raised her prices by say £20 an hour, If I didn't think she was worth an extra £20 and other regulars felt the same, then it would suggest she has raised her prices beyond her value.

LF

Welcome back from the shortest retirement in history from the message board! :D

I agree it's time to put your prices up a bit, they've been pegged where they are for a fair while now so it's entirely reasonable.

Welcome back from the shortest retirement in history from the message board! :D

I agree it's time to put your prices up a bit, they've been pegged where they are for a fair while now so it's entirely reasonable.

Are you MAD!!!!! :) (about the prices that is, not LOTM) :D Some of us have a budget.

Are you MAD!!!!! :D (about the prices that is, not LOTM) :) Some of us have a budget.

Some of can buy Ferraris and some of us can't.

I'm in the can't category by the way.