karin_sheffield

Booking Dilemmas - Thoughts Please

19 posts in this topic

When I first became independant a certain gent visited me maybe three, four times. Skip a year or two and he gets back in contact....he books, he cancels at the last minute; he books, he doesn't show; he books yet again and yet again cancels at the last minute....I send an email containing a few choice words and hear nothing more.

Until, about a year after said mail, he resumes contact showing much contrition. I agree to give him another chance, he books, he shows and all is well with the world. BUT (doesn't there have to be a but - else why the thread?)...he books again for the 9th July, then alters that to the 16th (granted with plenty of notice). He says he will ring a couple of days before to confirm things - he doesn't.

On the afternoon of the 15th I get a call requesting a booking that will clash with said gent's - I accept it. Said gent heads off into sunset in mighty huff when I can't accommodate him. Thoughts?

I completely understand as you have to accept the booking that is a definate. I would have given him and certain deadline to contact by (which we do) and if no contact then it's a cacellation. He can't expect you just to accomadate him he should have a bit of respect for your job :D

When I first became independant a certain gent visited me maybe three, four times. Skip a year or two and he gets back in contact....he books, he cancels at the last minute; he books, he doesn't show; he books yet again and yet again cancels at the last minute....I send an email containing a few choice words and hear nothing more.

Until, about a year after said mail, he resumes contact showing much contrition. I agree to give him another chance, he books, he shows and all is well with the world. BUT (doesn't there have to be a but - else why the thread?)...he books again for the 9th July, then alters that to the 16th (granted with plenty of notice). He says he will ring a couple of days before to confirm things - he doesn't.

On the afternoon of the 15th I get a call requesting a booking that will clash with said gent's - I accept it. Said gent heads off into sunset in mighty huff when I can't accommodate him. Thoughts?

He leads a complicated life. He's rather disorganised. He's rather selfish. He's rather unrealistic. He's rather immature.

He didnt ring to confirm as he said he would so thats his lookout if you then accept another booking IMO. Once he failed to confirm that makes him unreliable again and seeing as he had mucked you about in the past i would of done exactly what you did if it were me.:D

He had plenty of time and the opportunity to confirm his booking. He blew it so no issues with you not being able to accommodate him at all.

Sometimes men remain emotionally attached to a woman even after their body wants to lust elsewhere. This causes conflict. :D He probably needs to spread his wings but is afraid to leave the comfortable nest he knows. So he frickin dithers. Just find the right words between you to say, "Look, we've had great times together, but you maybe need to find a woman that becomes an overwhelming passion for you. From the moment you pick up the phone to when you see her. That's what everyone wants really. And it's no-one's fault if that's not still there for us. You've been a great punter. Let's hold on to that before we go past the limits and lose the good memories and respect for each other that we had."

Maybe be generous with the truth if you have to. Send him away happy. But send him away. He might even come back with renewed force one day, but don't count on it. The male lion likes to roam.

Just my thoughts

You were right to take the other booking, his history has shown he is unreliable, I've suffered from these types too.

Thanks for the thoughts so far - suppose a bit of me is riling against the JRCs of this world - I DO have a heart and I DO like to 'play fair'...it is NOT all about the money - the first guy booked for two hours, the latter for one.

I wouldn;t feel guilty in the slightest hon, you did what any other girl would do. I would have done exactly the same as you, so don't feel bad one little iota!

:D

I tend to set a time as I find "I'll call you in the morning/day before/week before" can leave you in the same situation you describe. Where you wonder what on earth is going on, do you hold?, is he still coming?

Let him get over his huff, next time make sure you are clear about confirmation days and times. If someone cancels more than a couple of times last minute, I suggest they stick to same day booking only.

Well, looking at your photos, I would say it was his loss, not yours.

Just remember, you can please all the people some of the time, etc. etc. He sounds like he is full of his own importance, unreliable, and no great loss.

I have given up thinking how the mind of the public works, as there is no pleasing some, whatever you do.

I certainly would not lose any sleep worrying about this. Move on, and enjoy life, and don't dwell on the past.

Let me know when you are coming down south, so I can console you.

Acting the devil's advocate a bit here.:D

On the face of it ,it is game set and match -- so it seems to me there is something slightly askew that is niggling you and causing you to be unsure.?

You like him, he was a good client at one stage. He went off the rails but he came back and you took him in. First recent booking went well -- second booking postponed with good notice--- nothing wrong so far. Maybe his promise to confirm was left loose. Did you make it clear to him that even though you have seen him many times, you required him to confirm by X time.? If you had been crystal clear with him,bad and all as he is, even he could hardly have taken umbridge with you and sailed off into the sunset in a huff ? Would he agree that all the relevant facts are set out in your op ? Why did he say he was annoyed ?

I'm with the majority here. No dilemma as far as I can see. The guy said he would confirm by a certain date and he didn't. A confirmation call is exactly that and a well understood and accepted part of the booking process. He didn't follow through, so lost his (unconfirmed = provisional) booking.

If he's in a huff, it's because he hasn't had time to think it through. My guess is that when he has calmed down, he'll be back :D.

Did you cancel the booking when you got your second booking or just leave the guy hanging.

Did you cancel the booking when you got your second booking or just leave the guy hanging.

The second booking was for an outcall at 6.30pm - off the top of my head I knew the pre-arranged appointment was for late afternoon, but I was in the middle of something when I took the second booking and unable to check my mail. When I did look, he had requested a start time of 5pm (for a two hour appointment) - I mailed him, told him I'd taken another booking and asked if he could make it for 4pm instead.

I can relate to this. A multitude of circumstances can and inevitably do dictate my availability. If I'm never 100% sure I can make it I will ALWAYS say that I hope/should be able, if she's not happy with that loose arrangement then fine, but if she is and we meet she will reap the rewards.

Why did you not explain the situation to him, that unless he confirms he is not going to get the booking.

If you were able to accept the booking I assume you had the gents number, if that was the case, why did you not contact him to see if the bookng time could be put back if he did not confirm 24 hours before the booking!.

Did you give a time when the booking had to be confirmed by, before you would accept a new booking from someone else!.

Said gent heads off into sunset in mighty huff when I can't accommodate him. Thoughts?

Sounds like good riddance to bad rubbish to me.

He'd let you down so many times in the past, chances are he would have done it again. He just didn't like the tables being turned on him.

Acting the devil's advocate a bit here.:D

On the face of it ,it is game set and match -- so it seems to me there is something slightly askew that is niggling you and causing you to be unsure.?

You like him, he was a good client at one stage. He went off the rails but he came back and you took him in. First recent booking went well -- second booking postponed with good notice--- nothing wrong so far. Maybe his promise to confirm was left loose. Did you make it clear to him that even though you have seen him many times, you required him to confirm by X time.? If you had been crystal clear with him,bad and all as he is, even he could hardly have taken umbridge with you and sailed off into the sunset in a huff ?[B] Would he agree that all the relevant facts are set out in your op ? Why did he say he was annoyed ?

The second booking was for an outcall at 6.30pm - off the top of my head I knew the pre-arranged appointment was for late afternoon, but I was in the middle of something when I took the second booking and unable to check my mail. When I did look, he had requested a start time of 5pm (for a two hour appointment) - I mailed him, told him I'd taken another booking and asked if he could make it for 4pm instead.

Hi Karin --- you didn't give us his version yet ?