brickie55

Sunday papers

30 posts in this topic

Big article about raids in central london ,including pictures of punters . police saying we are going to clean up the city .

London cops nab

Big article about raids in central london ,including pictures of punters . police saying we are going to clean up the city .

London cops nab

Its in the News of the world. Is it safe to go punting this week?

Yes, after all, you would love your Mum to read in the News of the Screws how much you had got from the Police in compensation as a result of being "illegally arrested" when in the middle of shagging two 22 year old Polish prostitutes in a flat in Aldgate.

Yes, after all, you would love your Mum to read in the News of the Screws how much you had got from the Police in compensation as a result of being "illegally arrested" when in the middle of shagging two 22 year old Polish prostitutes in a flat in Aldgate.

....and how would she find out when the Police invariably settle out of court ?

Even if it did go to court it is a civil matter (not criminal) and the chances of it being reported are again virtually nil.

:confused::rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

If nobody complains or questions the actions of the Police when they are wrong then these things will continue to happen.

In any event I take what the NOTW says with a pinch of salt, as do probably many others.

....and how would she find out when the Police invariably settle out of court ?

Even if it did go to court it is a civil matter (not criminal) and the chances of it being reported are again virtually nil.

:confused::rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

If nobody complains or questions the actions of the Police when they are wrong then these things will continue to happen.

In any event I take what the NOTW says with a pinch of salt, as do probably many others.

Do you seriously think that if you sue Old Bill for wrongful arrest that someone down there won't want to make a few bob too by ruining your life as revenge? I.e., ringing NOTW with the details.

Revenge as if wrongful arrest is accepted by Old Bill then someone there gets his card marked.

How is it that NOTW photographers were allowed into the flat during a raid?

Do you seriously think that if you sue Old Bill for wrongful arrest that someone down there won't want to make a few bob too by ruining your life as revenge? I.e., ringing NOTW with the details.

Revenge as if wrongful arrest is accepted by Old Bill then someone there gets his card marked.

That could well happen.

I judge the risk of my getting caught up in a brothel raid to be miniscule and I'm prepared to accept that because at the end of the day I know that it's not illegal to pay for sex either with an indie working in a flat or someone working with others in a brothel.

On the face of it, assuming what the NOTW says is true ( and that's a very, very big assumption) these guys should not have been arrested. It would appear as though they were interviewed under caution. That would have involved being processed by the Custody Officer ie. photographed, fingerprinted and DNA mouth-swab taken.

They were then released without charge but the Police will of course retain their DNA etc. [ Apologies for duplicating another post on a separate thread]

I'm not bothered about getting a cash or an apology from the Police. I don't want my day in court (I've been to court too many times). In fact that's the last thing I want. What I would want is my DNA and other records destroyed - and if I had to complain or threaten the Police then I would do so.

If it is true, then the Met overstepped the mark as part of a cheap-stunt PR exercise with the NOTW. I would complain and threaten to sue, and the Met would back down as they don't like to be held accountable for their actions when they cock up. Far easier for them to destroy the records and offer a nominal sum as compensation ( without any admission of guilt of course) than to have to justify their actions in court.

All part of the fact the Fuzz these days have to do everything with maximum noise and publicity. Of course they tip the papers off when something like this is planned. It makes them look like They Are Doing Something.

They were obviously invited by the Met. The Met shouldn't have done so but I guess that they thought that the slight risk that the occupiers of the flat would actually go to the bother of making a formal complaint would be far outweighed by the PR benefits of inviting the NOTW along.

They were obviously invited by the Met. The Met shouldn't have done so but I guess that they thought that the slight risk that the occupiers of the flat would actually go to the bother of making a formal complaint would be far outweighed by the PR benefits of inviting the NOTW along.

Sorry, a word from Pedant's Corner here, but it'd be the City Of London police in those pics. Aldgate's their patch, not the Met's.

Sorry, a word from Pedant's Corner here, but it'd be the City Of London police in those pics. Aldgate's their patch, not the Met's.

My mistake...thanks :confused:.

Interesting to see it is Money :Launderers they are after not brothel keepers..

? The two go hand in hand... if you are guilty of managing a brothel or controlling prostitution for gain you are naturally guilty of money laundering.

Money laundering comes about when you do anything with whats considered to be the proceeds of crime... i.e. spending money make from managing a brothel

Det Chief Insp David Clark said: "The illegal sex trade is a breeding ground for slave labour, people trafficking, and drug abuse. It is our aim to clean up the City." (ANI)

Spouting the usual old tosh. You notice there was no mention in the article about the UK border agencies involvement, so apparently no illegal girls and no women quoted as being rescued... funny for an opperation quoting slave labout and people trafficking. In other words no real juice just the usual rubbish the police use to justify thier actions to the public.

Well if nothing else perhaps some of the public will now realise it isnt dirty old men that use the services of working girls but normal, everyday and respectable people.

i believe that the police can arrest on suspicion of paying for sex with someone subject to force etc. this is obviously a scare tactic.

as has been mentioned,if no one complains or makes a fuss then the police will just carry on doing it

Spouting the usual old tosh. You notice there was no mention in the article about the UK border agencies involvement, so apparently no illegal girls and no women quoted as being rescued... funny for an opperation quoting slave labout and people trafficking. In other words no real juice just the usual rubbish the police use to justify thier actions to the public.

Well if nothing else perhaps some of the public will now realise it isnt dirty old men that use the services of working girls but normal, everyday and respectable people.

As I mentioned on the other thread running on this subject, there's unintended irony in that quote: 'It is our aim to clean up the City'. If only they would! :confused:

B

i believe that the police can arrest on suspicion of paying for sex with someone subject to force etc. this is obviously a scare tactic.

as has been mentioned,if no one complains or makes a fuss then the police will just carry on doing it

I'm still struggling to understand on what basis the Police could lawfully arrest a whizzkid in a brothel with "two Polish beauties" "with his trousers still around his ankles" ?

Reasonable suspicion of money laundering or brothel keeping....no way.

No mention of suspected coercion or exploitation - let alone mention of a grotty, cramped room (as in the Newham case).

The one in the red dress looks tasty though - even with a blurred face.

Det Chief Insp David Clark said: "The illegal sex trade is a breeding ground for slave labour, people trafficking, and drug abuse. It is our aim to clean up the City." (ANI)

30k ladies in Westminster & the City?

But more to the point, I do just wonder what DCI Clark's dear old mummy told him about breeding grounds - his grasp of the facts of life does seem to be limited. One assumes that the NoW was brought along for the ride?

All the men arrested were interviewed and later released without charge.

So I should bloody think, but I do rather wonder what they were arrested for in the first place?

If any of them are among our number, it would be interesting to hear the "inside" story!

Perhaps Bankers should stick yo being 'merchant bankers'?

It looks like the NotW hasn't learnt it's lesson from the Max Mosley case, I just hope one of those guys takes them to the cleaners.

The Human Rights Act gives you the right to privacy.

The Police have a legal obligation to not only respect that right, but to enforce it, by inviting the NotW they have flouted those laws.

Somebody with clout like liberty needs to pick this up.

There must be a paper that hates the NotW, that might pickup this story.

Then they would have to contend with charges of Misconduct in a Public Office.

Tried to post the following, but it looks like they censor critical comments.

The Punters have not broken any law and neither have the working girls. Prostitution in private between consenting adults is legal in the UK.

The MET are guilty of wrongful arrest and false imprisonment, so when are the Officers involved going to be prosecuted for Misconduct in Public Office?

The NotW has breached the right to privacy as per Article 8 of the Human Rights Act, so when are your Yellow Journalists going to be censured by their editor or the PCC. It looks like you didn't learn anything from the Max Mosley case.

Perhaps we need to start a media watch and develop a battery of standard responses. Complaints to the IPCC, PCC, the police forces professional standards department, Liberty, etc.

Tried to post the following, but it looks like they censor critical comments.

They've posted it now.