Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Damn that virgin.

Posted by Helen 
Damn that virgin.
July 12, 2019 13:11
Virgin Mobile have deactivated my phone. Apparently you're mean't to make calls at least once in 90 days. Guys call me, I don't call them back (not good, you never know who's going to answer). I do text a lot, but that isn't good enough.

I'm fuming...!!!
Re: Damn that virgin.
July 13, 2019 04:36
Heck that's a bit strict, I phone my voicemail several times a day to update my greeting plus I use mine to call the GUM.

I am guessing it's in the T and C? This could be devastating to business, will Virgin not reinstate?
July 14, 2019 19:43
They're not having any of it.
About a year ago, someone registered my number with Virgin with their own details and password (obviously fake). I don't know who they were and neither do Virgin? But because of data protection there was nothing I could do. I knew it was only a matter of time.
So beware, reg' your phone first. Oh! And make some calls too, ha!!
August 09, 2019 22:35
I use a 3 pay as you go SIM. Cheap rates, and your credit never runs out. I don't think there's a requirement to make calls every so often, but worth checking if you decide to look in to 3.
August 12, 2019 22:52
Helen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Virgin Mobile have deactivated my phone.
> Apparently you're mean't to make calls at least
> once in 90 days. Guys call me, I don't call them
> back (not good, you never know who's going to
> answer). I do text a lot, but that isn't good
> enough.
>
> I'm fuming...!!!

This happened to me a year or so ago. Absolutely infuriating and no justification for it whatsoever in my view.

I'd had the number for twenty years but had been forced to leave it mostly switched off because of voicemail scammers. I was just checking daily for texts and missed calls.

I maintained the number purely so that certain people could contact me if necessary.
March 09, 2021 15:37
Data protection I couldn't do anything. I knew it was only a matter of time.
March 13, 2021 14:25
you never know who's going to answer.
March 18, 2021 15:45
I knew it was only a matter of time.
So beware, install your phone first.
May 06, 2021 18:01
Can I just say - this wasn't the discussion I expected given the title smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login