Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

durex recalls condoms over split fears

Posted by tripleh 
durex recalls condoms over split fears
July 30, 2018 23:32
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Durex recalls condoms over split worries

Condom maker Durex has recalled some of its products sold in the UK and Ireland over fears they could split.

Ten batches of its non-latex Real Feel and Latex Free condoms with expiry dates between December 2020 and February 2021 are not passing "stringent shelf-life tests".

As a result, they could burst if used towards the end of their expiry dates.

The company has apologised and offered refunds to customers.

A statement on Durex's website said: "Our condoms are intended to provide a method of contraception and prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted infections through a non-latex barrier that offers a benefit to consumers sensitive to latex.

"Only for the batches of condoms affected by this issue, there could be an increase in the number of condoms that burst during application or use."

It has advised customers to seek advice from a doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible and no later than 72 hours if a condom splits, but the company said there were no immediate safety concerns.

[www.durex.co.uk]

it's time to play the game, I am the game and I want to play
Re: durex recalls condoms over split fears
October 17, 2018 21:38
Durex are shite and over priced.

I get my condoms from the pound shop in MK, its an EU approved brand and its a flipping quid for a pack of 12. Ive used them for the last year and Ive not had a single snap or a single one come off. Not had a single client complain about them in any way either. The only condoms Id pay a lot for now are those reusable Japanese ones, for personal use, just to see if they are really as good as claimed lol xx
Re: durex recalls condoms over split fears
November 22, 2018 04:55
At my local sexual health clinic they give condoms out free of charge.We have a choice of various brands,Pasante sometimes split or slip off,im trying out this other brand called skins they seem ok.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login