Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

revisiting

Posted by square 
revisiting
June 29, 2021 02:43
I've been seeing the same WG for a few months, and last week she let me know that she had picked up a case of gonorrhoea in her throat. Luckily when I was tested it came back negative.

I've never been in this situation before and feel a bit unsure what I feel about it now, and if I should see her again. I'm not sure if it's a signal that she might not have been being as careful as I thought she was, or is it just one of those things and you can get STIs even if you are using sensible precautions?

Should I just take it as more of a good sign that she was actually open and told me about it?
Re: revisiting
June 29, 2021 06:03
Do you engage in OWO if so this is a risk and if choosing a provider who provides this, I don't know what you mean by 'not being as careful as she could be'.

Also she's engaging in testing and informed you, which is the right thing to do.

The way to be sure is wear a condom for oral, and only book SPs who do not offer oral without.

Even that is not 100% but you are giving yourself the most protection possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/06/2021 06:07 by Ruth Strawberry.
June 30, 2021 01:01
This has made me think if I really should do OWO.

I've never had a positive test for an STI, which I'd like to think is because I try to only see providers with a good reputation, but I guess some of that is probably also down to luck as well.
July 01, 2021 07:11
square Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This has made me think if I really should do OWO.
>
> I've never had a positive test for an STI, which
> I'd like to think is because I try to only see
> providers with a good reputation, but I guess some
> of that is probably also down to luck as well.

The information I've received is that transmission is lower between the recipient of insertion to the giver ie vagina to penis, compared to penis to vagina. That's assuming one has an STI, and it's never 100 percent apart from blood transfusion.

Not a reason to forego condoms, and as ever always obtain information from qualified medically trained professionals.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login