Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Health risks from punting

Posted by Mapper2019 
Health risks from punting
March 04, 2019 19:29
Doesn’t seem to be much activity on this part of the site! I can only presume that most feel that if they use a rubber then the risks are not worth worrying about?
Re: Health risks from punting
March 06, 2019 01:09
I go to my local sexual health clinic every 6 to 8 weeks for regular check ups.Its nice to know i'm ok.
March 07, 2019 17:19
Probably safer with a WG than some scrag you could pick up in a local Roxy
April 10, 2019 16:51
I have no way of knowing who has sexual health screening or not, but my suspicion is that it's very low on both sides.

For me it's incredibly important both for me and my unpaid life sexual partners, always gone regular as clockwork even though access is limited in my area.

Also had screening by post as part of some sex-worker research projects.

I also use the clinics for back up contraception, and other advice.

I suspect quite a few clients might (and I could be wrong) assume STI clearance by proxy, ie Ruth is ok so I must be ok.

Every so often someone will ask me either at enquiry point, or within a booking - 'Are you clean'. My answer is always I can never say for sure, testing is based on samples taken on a specific day, some of which will date back to previous few weeks due to incubation periods. All I do is use condoms for all intercourse with everyone, and have full including oral swab screening every time.

I'm also obtaining Gardasil 9 vaccine privately very soon, which will help reduce pick up and transmission if I ever bump into the cancer-causing varieties of HPV.

As above I'm not sure many people go to these lengths, although I hear many other sex workers can and do go more frequently due to easier access but they may also see more clients - advice is often based on activity.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login